Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
TravisW010
TravisW010 began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Question Question for Self-Promoting

Is it okay to promote my Fiverr Gig for writing?
TravisW010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

The Advertising and Promotion guideline says

"If you have something to promote – e.g. a new book, a new reading device, or other item relevant to mobile reading, then you may announce it, and respond to questions, in the Self-Promotions forum. Please read and follow the additional Promotion Posting Guidelines."

A writing service isn't relevant to "mobile reading", so please don't promote your Fiverrr Gig in a post on MobileRead.

Thank you for asking.

On the other hand, the Avatar, Images and Signatures guideline says

"Advertisement and promotion unrelated to eBook and mobile reading in a signature must be limited to only one line of non-bold default size text."

So you may promote your Fiverr Gig in your signature. The signature feature will become available to you after some combination of time and posts at MobileRead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
TravisW010
TravisW010 began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Thank you for letting me know. What's the specific post count I need to have a signature?
TravisW010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:53 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW010 View Post
Thank you for letting me know. What's the specific post count I need to have a signature?
I don't know. And I think there's some kind of time element too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:44 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
See here, I guess that answer is still valid. Some of us have signature display disabled, so we won't see it anyway
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:26 PM   #6
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Another thing to note --- maybe it is only me, but when I am not logged in, I do not see any signatures.

So keep that in mind also.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote