Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
mice
mice began at the beginning.

Device: Dragon Touch X10 10 inch Octa Core Android Tablet PC
Unhappy Calibre get list of books on device takes literally forever.

It takes up to 24 hours THEN crashes when crawling the android tablet. It is hell bent on looking at every single cbr on the devise plus on a card. I have tried making exceptions for these in the preferences but nothing seems to help.

TIA,
-mice
mice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
what's the question?
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Shouldn't this be in the Calibre forum?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #4
mice

I thought it was in the Calibre forum. MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

How can I get my device to just view books and not trawl through cbrs?

Last edited by mice; 03-25-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot exclude filetypes, you can exclude individual directories (but only after the initial scan is completed). Simply right click the device icon in calibre and choose configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:08 AM   #6
mice

I read a bunch of people on this forum saying the initial scan takes forever. Meaning 7 min. It literally takes 24 hours then fails. It has yet to complete a successful scan.

Guess I have no choice but to keep trying.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:22 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can always use one of the wireless methods instead. MTP over USB is dog slow, so it is not really suited for managing vast collections.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:28 AM   #8
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mice View Post
I read a bunch of people on this forum saying the initial scan takes forever. Meaning 7 min. It literally takes 24 hours then fails. It has yet to complete a successful scan.

Maybe the "Kindle Trick" helps here: remove all books from the device, and then add them in batches of 10-50 or so, depending on size and speed of your device.

(The Kindle has a search indexer that can take forever and make the device slow in operation, if you put huge amounts of books on the device all at once.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:56 AM   #9
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
I thought it was in the Calibre forum. MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

How can I get my device to just view books and not trawl through cbrs?
Nope, it was in the "android" forum. But a helpful mod has moved it, so it is all good now.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:57 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Ah! the I want it NOW generation.

A Real 'Forever' uses the infinity sign ¥

24hrs is just a long time
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #11
mice

It took many failures but it finallt completed a cycle successfully. It now doesn't look for cbrs and takes 10 minutes to complete.

Tags
android, calibre, cbr