Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thank you very much.
I will wait until the PW will be availiable
oldbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only way to get a PW is to wait until january.

In my country the KT is still available.

After reading a lot of reviews and post I believe that for most people the PW has the darker and sharper font and is less eye straining even in well lighted environments.

But very few say the opposite.

Ok I understand the PW is In many circumstances a very fine device with superior build quality.

Anybody who change his opinion about eye straining a little bit, after the first enthusiasm is over?

Can we say a non glow display has no benefit more, and should disappear in near future?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbook View Post
Ok I understand the PW is In many circumstances a very fine device with superior build quality.

Anybody who change his opinion about eye straining a little bit, after the first enthusiasm is over?

Can we say a non glow display has no benefit more, and should disappear in near future?
My Paperwhite is still my primary eReader. A Kobo Glo is my secondary. I think we are still a couple iterations away from being able to bring front-lighting to most/all eReaders, but we are getting pretty close.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #19
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not the light that makes the PW better for me, but the higher resolution. If you compare the two side-by-side, the PW has distinctly sharper and crisper text as a result of the higher resolution. The light is just a "nice to have" thing.
agreed with this. the text is far sharper on the PW which makes it even more relaxing to read on (less eyestrain). i can even set the fonts to the lowest setting and read very comfortably.

given the choice i think it's a no brainer to go with a pw over the touch but if cost is an issue the decision obviously becomes more complex.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #20
oldbook
Enthusiast

Finally I just got a Kindle Touch :-) I will keep it as far as the PW arrives.

Its my 3rd Kindle beside the K3K and the K4B. I need a device for easy text highlighting and notes. It does it very well. No other brand offers so easy access to the clippings file.

Only the bezel shape. Ugly. Who designed it? The bold upper part destroys the whole appereance and balance. The new PW has a much better shape.