Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
mkhuebner
mkhuebner began at the beginning.

Device: none
HTMLZ's index.html hyperlinks don't work in Word 2010

I'm using Calibre to convert a free Kindle ebook (.azw) to an HTMLZ zip file and then I unzip the resulting file to get the index.html file. If I open the index.html file in a browser, all the hyperlinks work properly. However, if I open the index.html file in my Word 2010, none of the links work properly. They all take me to the top of the file. The problem appears to be that Calibre's index.html file contains anchor tag bookmarks of the form <h2 id="BookmarkName">...</h2> and Word 2010 expects the bookmarks to be of the form <a name=BookmarkName>...</a>.

How can I get the hyperlinks in the table of contents and ebook index to work in my Word 2010? I also want Word to create a PDF where the hyperlinks work.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mkhuebner; 11-01-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Improve readability
mkhuebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
mkhuebner
mkhuebner began at the beginning.

Device: none
(message deleted)

Last edited by mkhuebner; 11-02-2012 at 11:24 AM.
mkhuebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
sorry please ignore
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot. Using id on h2 is perfectly valid html. You can simply convert your azw3 to pdf in calibre, and if you want to edit it, convert to epub and use Sigil instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, hyperlink, kindle, link, word