Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As I Die Lying: The Worst Novel Ever Written

It's the worst novel ever written. And it's all the fault of that evil, soul-hopping spirit that took over Richard Coldiron's head. Or maybe the other four people in there.

Richard Coldiron’s unauthorized autobiography follows his metafictional journey through a troubled childhood, where he meets his invisible friend, his other invisible friend...and then some who aren’t so friendly.

There’s Mister Milktoast, the protective punster; Little Hitler, who leers from the shadows; Loverboy, the lusty bastard; and Bookworm, who is thoughtful, introspective, and determined to solve the riddle of Richard’s disintegration into either madness or genius, and of course only makes things worse. They reside in the various rooms of his skull, a place known as the Bone House, and take turns rearranging the furniture. As Richard works on his autobiography, his minor characters struggle with their various redemptive arcs.

Richard keeps his cool despite the voices in his head, but he’s about to get a new tenant: the Insider, a malevolent soul-hopping spirit that may or may not be born from Richard’s nightmares and demands a co-writing credit and a little bit of foot-kissing dark worship.

Now Richard doesn’t know which voice to trust. The book’s been rejected 117 times. The people he loves keep turning up dead. And here comes the woman of his dreams.

----
In the style of Chuck Palahniuk, Jeff Lindsay's "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" series, and Bret Easton Ellis, but far worse than any of them, this is quite possibly the Worst Novel Ever Written.

Scott Nicholson, who put his name on Richard's book, is author of 12 other psychological and paranormal thrillers, including THE RED CHURCH and THE SKULL RING. Look for the sequel, THE TAO OF BOO, in 2011. Learn more about Scott's work at www.hauntedcomputer.com, and if you'd like him to to forward a message to Richard, email him at hauntedcomputer@yahoo.com.
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Now THAT sounds like fun.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
this title belongs to mick spalding
jamesread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this book is free today for Kindle, and the cover has changed!

I wrote this book in 1996 so I don't know if anyone used the title before that!

http://www.amazon.com/As-I-Die-Lying.../dp/B0041D88TW

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/As-I-Die-Lying-ebook/dp/B0041D88TW

I have eight other free books today, too, if you search my name or Amazon Author Central page.

Last edited by Scott Nicholson; 03-29-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Ok, this book succeeded a little too well at being the worst book ever written. I blame the demon that possessed me while I wrote it. I redid this and retitled it with a new cover. Now called "Kiss Me or Die," its original title. Free for Kindle June 11-12.

Kiss Me or Die (formerly called As I Die Lying)
http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Me-or-Die-ebook/dp/B0041D88TW/
In the UK Kindle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-Me-or-D.../dp/B0041D88TW

If you're interested in the evolution of the book and its four different covers:
http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com/...ng-failed.html

Also free June 11-12,
Cursed! with JR Rain
http://www.amazon.com/Cursed-ebook/dp/B004CYEV1O