Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
H F John
H F John began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1, PRS-650, Nook Color, Nook Touch, Galaxy Tab 8.9
PRS-T1 Battery problem

Battery would not hold charge after owning for 34 days. Turned off Wifi, deleted all my content and still would not hold charge over half a day. Called Sony with the problem, went through their trouble shooting, still did not work. Took it back to Target for exchange. A plus - since the price had dropped since original purchase they gave me a refund for the difference.
H F John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Sounds like your experience of Target was a lot better than Avwriter's over in the Price Reduction thread.

Hopefully yours was a one off and this is not another problem to be added to the screen freezing issue. It would be a great shame if the T1 turned out to be a real lemon.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
deides
deides began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
I think mine is deffective too, I fully charge it, at the battery indicator indicates full battery. then after a few hours, I head out for lunch and when i get back the battery is completely empty (1 hour later).

so the battery has a bad habbit of going from completely full to completely empty while in standby mode. I havent had my battery last for more than a day.

Will be going back to get a product switch today.
deides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Any chance you've got the audio player playing in the background? That could drain the battery on the device.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Since there have not been hardly any reports of widespread battery problems, I hardly would call the T1 a lemon. There are bad batteries out there and if your device has one, either get a new device or a new battery. I've had to charge mine one time since I have owned the device and I read more than two hours a night.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deides View Post
so the battery has a bad habbit of going from completely full to completely empty while in standby mode. I havent had my battery last for more than a day.
Follow the steps here and see if it helps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Since there have not been hardly any reports of widespread battery problems, I hardly would call the T1 a lemon. There are bad batteries out there and if your device has one, either get a new device or a new battery. I've had to charge mine one time since I have owned the device and I read more than two hours a night.
I didn't say it was.

If you read my post again you'll see I said I hoped it would not turn out to be one, and not that I thought it actually is one now.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
deides
deides began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
i turned in my old t1 for a new one and will be testing this one out.

no, didnt have the audio app running and wifi was in standby. I think it was a battery problem.

I love the T1 and hopefully this new one has a good battery. can't wait for the swipe fix though coming out soon (hopefully) as had it happen to me once.
deides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
wifi has to be OFF not in standby. Standby means it's still trying to connect to something when it finds something. There's a difference. Turn it off.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Agreed - and charge from the wall, it certainly gives a much better charge with the x50's.
My battery seems pretty brilliant, much longer lived than the 650 one,
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
I agree with the wall charge. I fully charged it using cable and computer. Charge lasted less than 1 week. Same charge(using my htc phone wall charger) has so far lasted 3 weeks with a lot of reading being done. The battery indicater still shows 75% charge.

Thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
How does the included wall charger work for you? It has 550mA charge current.... How much is it on your HTC charger?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
How does the included wall charger work for you? It has 550mA charge current.... How much is it on your HTC charger?
INCLUDED ?
What's going on here - did they think they had to include an extra to get a sale, wherever you are ??

We have to buy 'em in UK .

Hmmph......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Actually the htc charger is 1A nopt sure if that is a problem. I refuse to pay sony prices for charger. If it is important I will have to order one on ebay.

Thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I use my cell phone charger and have not had any problems.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote