Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If they get it, it'd logically be in Mobi format, so you'd probably have access to it on another mobi reading device.

I don't see them limiting it to just the Kindle, but dumber things have happened.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #32
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Is this what you're thinking of, HappyMartin?
Thats it, funny looking thing, like a early 1980 mac.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The thing that gets me about it is that the way the sides slant toward the top, the rascal is going to be a right pain in the sitter-downer to pick up off a flat surface, like, say, a table. I mean, who thought that was a good design choice?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I can just imagine holes on one side to put it in a three ring binder school style.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Amazon is going to have their ebooks available only for the Kindle, then this is going to put one hell of a crimp in ebooks overall. I sure hope not as that would cause the rest of us a lot of grief.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #36
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I can just imagine holes on one side to put it in a three ring binder school style.
That's what it reminds me of! An 80s-style calculator with holes in one side to keep it in a Filofax.

Only bigger, obviously

And for the record, if it looks like that, I can't think of anything that will make me buy it.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #37
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I know it must be way too late in the design cycle, but the only way I'd buy it is if it had a detachable keyboard. I'd use it without the keyboard 95% of the time, and plug in the keyboard when needed. Also, it would have to have a dark finish and come down to the $350-$400 price range.

If it was format-locked and everything required payments (books, newspapers) to micropayments *(RSS, e-mail, IM, etc), then I wouldn't pay more than $75 for the device.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote