Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
chris_c
Member Retired
chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: kindle touch
gtkSudoku for kindle touch

Moderator Notice
We've had a report that this app causes newer firmware versions to hang up. Specifically: This hangs KT 5.3.2 & Paperwhites. It's known to work on KT 5.1.2. Use at your own risk.

forced to hard code an absolute path (yuk!) as launcher seems to leave the cwd as / ???

some refinements to come maybe...

Enjoy!

Initial release 2012/08/26 17:26 GMT+1
User interface improvements 2012/08/26 00:34 GMT+1
Attached Files
File Type: gz gtksudoku.tar.gz (19.7 KB, 1690 views)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.
chris_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
chris_c
Member Retired
chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.

youtube video (sort of!)

if... *a* picture is worth a thousand words is this worth 2,000 * 1000 = 2,000,000 words?

really crappy quality I'm afraid my phone couldn't seem to focus....
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Very nice! Thanks very much for this!
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
chris_c
Member Retired

Thanks for your kind words!

Next time I look at it I aim to improve the randomness-ness and I may look at having a selected skill level but I notice that "very-easy" comes up much less than other skill levels, so it might leave you waiting for quite a while, while it finds one (at very-easy) --- I'll have to play with it...

feel free to make suggestions the more reasonable the greater the chance of it happening ! (although I do want to keep it very simple, I think the more "aids" the worse an experience you get)
Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hm..... Suggestions, how about having the number selection screen smaller and have it pop up above the area you selected. Just an idea though.... Other than that it seams pretty good. Not having a difficulty level selection is a little disappointing but we can all live with it. Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
chris_c
Member Retired

I'm struggling with the small window idea... the kindle seems to automatically make all windows fullscreen, I've not abandoned the idea but gtk on the kindle does behave differently to "real" gtk in a number of ways (actually the implementation is a little disappointing - it could be a lot better!)
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Understood, if it's not possible it's not possible! Still works great and I prefer it over the Sudoku waf.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
chris_c
Member Retired

not possible might be a little strong, not worth it maybe! we'll see, I managed sub windows with Xaw (errgh), so I think I may be able to do some low level x11 hackery on a gtk window (wouldn't be the first time!)

Ideally I'd like an invisible modal window with solid visible buttons, so you can see between the buttons - but it might be more trouble than its worth!

Last edited by chris_c; 08-25-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: fingers faster than spelling cells
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #9
pblvsk
pblvsk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
It's freezing on Paperwhite with KUAL 0.3.1 After touching any field it's dead and I need to force reboot Kindle.
pblvsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Support: <-- Like read this... At least once
Quote:
Any known misbehaving application will be listed under Known 3rd Party Software issues (below) in an effort to save you grief and wasted time.

Known issues:

Quote:
gtk mines works great now but gtk sudoku HANGS KT 5.3.2!. Warning! YMMV. please report
WILL ADD PAPERWHITE TO THAT LIST
Known issues:
Quote:
gtk mines works great now but gtk sudoku HANGS KT 5.3.2 & PW!. Warning! YMMV. please report
Done...

Sorry no can do on a fix right now.
This is a known issue to do with the code.

Sadly chris retired so this application is dead to anyone after 5.1.2

I do actually know where to go to give him a nudge but he is busy with other things.
and AFAIK he has zero interest in coming back

My deepest apologies (I did try to fix it) I can only recommend:

Sudoku Kindlet (GPL3)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114691

You will need something like http://www.sudocue.net/learningcurve.sdm to "charge it up" IIRC

EDIT:

Hmm.. or some brave soul could fiddle about with https://github.com/ramsdell/gtksudoku
and rebuild against the newer libs. perhaps that would fix it.

And this is why I like to see the source of things... "people rot"

Last edited by twobob; 02-06-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: no can do. extra thoughts and links for spossible solutions
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_c View Post
We've had a report that this app causes newer firmware versions to hang up. Specifically: This hangs KT 5.3.2 & Paperwhites. It's known to work on KT 5.1.2. Use at your own risk.
Replacement available (tested on 5.6.x series) at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269935
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:30 AM   #12
fractal
fractal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Replacement available (tested on 5.6.x series) at...
Thank you!
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch games, launcher add-ons