Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Donate it then or give it to someone. It's a nice tablet for gaming if nothing else. I really like mine when I do use it. Once you add Google Play the tablet becomes so much more. My Fire Phone sat for the longest then I added Google Play and now it no longer collects dust. I'm hoping the KF6 will be used more now it's been added. I've been reading on it. I use my KF7 for games. I'll be adding Google Play on it next.

Sent from my XT1528
I decided to take your advice and more or less gift it. I'm selling my Voyage, so I decided to throw in the Fire HD6 at no extra charge. That way it gets a new home, and someone will hopefully use it and the Voyage. Both are collecting dust at my home.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I decided to take your advice and more or less gift it. I'm selling my Voyage, so I decided to throw in the Fire HD6 at no extra charge. That way it gets a new home, and someone will hopefully use it and the Voyage. Both are collecting dust at my home.
That's great. The downfall of the KF6 is the battery. I went to read on it and it was dead. It was at 60% last night.

I have a Paperwhite gen one I couldn't give away. Color blobs. I'm keeping it now as a backup in case K4PC stops working.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
That's great. The downfall of the KF6 is the battery. I went to read on it and it was dead. It was at 60% last night.

I have a Paperwhite gen one I couldn't give away. Color blobs. I'm keeping it now as a backup in case K4PC stops working.

Sent from my XT1528
My HD6 drains the battery really fast too. I hear a lot of complaints from other HD6 owners who have the same issue. It takes only a few days to drain it down even when it isn't doing anything but lying on a shelf.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My HD6 drains the battery really fast too. I hear a lot of complaints from other HD6 owners who have the same issue. It takes only a few days to drain it down even when it isn't doing anything but lying on a shelf.
24 hours with mine. I have to leave it plugged in. Two days with WiFi off. The battery life sucks.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #20
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Quote:
24 hours with mine. I have to leave it plugged in. Two days with WiFi off. The battery life sucks.

Sent from my XT1528
I checked mine and the battery is still great! Over 36 hours and it is at 94%. I did use Clean Master to be sure nothing was running in the background and I turned off wi-fi. I am still using my 6 when going out for appointments. Great to read on and play a few games. Fits in the purse easily, that was one of the reasons I purchased it.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think we need to find a new set of initial for the Kindle Fire series because if it becomes version 8, KF8 cannot be used because that belongs to KF8 the eBook format.

Given that they are no longer called Kindle Fire, why not just call them Fire?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think we need to find a new set of initial for the Kindle Fire series because if it becomes version 8, KF8 cannot be used because that belongs to KF8 the eBook format.

Given that they are no longer called Kindle Fire, why not just call them Fire?
I do believe they are referring to the size. If so, then there is also a KF8.
So now would you please explain why a tablet and an ebook format cannot have the same intials.
Many unrelated things have the same initials. Example DRM.
Here at MR it refers to ebooks. However, if I mentioned DRM to anyone local they would say it was out on Interstate 20 near Schlumberger, but that office is closed now. It is an oilfield related company.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
So now would you please explain why a tablet and an ebook format cannot have the same intials.
Here at MR it refers to ebooks. However, if I mentioned DRM to anyone local they would say it was out on Interstate 20 near Schlumberger, but that office is closed now. It is an oilfield related company.
It's actually the Kindle Fire HD 8. So that would translate to KFHD8. It would solve some confusion.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #24
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's actually the Kindle Fire HD 8. So that would translate to KFHD8. It would solve some confusion.
Who's confused? But then again sometimes my reading skills lead to the giggles if I read fast.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Who's confused? But then again sometimes my reading skills lead to the giggles if I read fast.
There could be some confusion using KF8 for two different things.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Correct there is only one KF6 we gave up the
Generation naming a long time ago. The number is the screen size. There are multiple KF7s So it's best to put the year in. I own The original KF7 and a KF7HD (2013)
No confusion.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 05-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

Well my former HD6, KF6, Fire HD 6, Fire with 6" screen, or whatever you want to call it, now has a new home in Boulder, CO. I'm sure it and my former Kindle Voyage will have a much better life there than they did here in Fort Worthless, TX collecting dust on a shelf.

Maybe if companies like Amazon didn't name their products with the same name year after year we wouldn't see so much confusion. I guess we could make Jon happy and just list the official model number printed on the device, then no one would know what we were talking about, but by golly gosh we would be totally correct on the name!

Last edited by jswinden; 05-24-2017 at 06:43 PM.