Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #136
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
That's pretty much how I feel every year, but this year I'm happy with the deal I got on a new TV, which saved me more than a hundred bucks.
Good for you.

Ya know, if we don't buy much stuff during Black Friday, they might ban us from future Black Fridays
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #137
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Black Friday deal: AMC+ streaming service is $1.99/mo for a year.

Quote:
This promotional offer is valid or a limited time only and gives subscribers access to AMC+ upon enrollment at a discounted rate of $1.99/month with an annual commitment. Unless otherwise stated, offer cannot be combined with other offers and is not transferable. This offer, it’s terms and restrictions, are subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Valid only for AMC+ in the United States. Requires the creation of an AMC+ account with payment method on file. Must be 13 years old and in the United States to redeem. Compatible products and services required. Plan renews at the current price on an annual basis after the promotion until cancelled.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2021, 05:26 PM   #138
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
A Kindle deal I did not refuse

I have been looking for a kindle so I can use "down load to usb" instead of K4PC. Always when I check Woot the kindle are gone. In my email today a Certified Refurbished Kindle 10th Generation - 2019 release for $44.99 or 5 payments of $9.00** with free standard shipping. That is only $10 more than the one's I that have been on Woot lately.

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ref...dp/B07HSDTR23/

bernie

**the monthly payments are select customers only.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #139
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I just got an early Black Friday deal on the new Kindle Paperwhite Kids for $114.99, which is $45.00 off the original price. I confirmed that this was the new 6.8 inch version. Unlike the basic version, this comes with a cover and is ad-free at no extra cost. I chose the Robot Dreams cover. I might get a third-party cover with a hand strap later, but I'll see how this one works out first.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 09:23 AM   #140
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
At the risk of missing the deal, how do folks feel about the regular Kindle with "built-in front light" vs the Paperwhite. I have an older Paperwhite that is getting pretty beat up, and I'm wondering about grabbing this as a replacement. But I don't follow Kindle hardware much, so wondering about the "downgrade" to regular Kindle, but it still has "a light", which is the most important thing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have been looking for a kindle so I can use "down load to usb" instead of K4PC. Always when I check Woot the kindle are gone. In my email today a Certified Refurbished Kindle 10th Generation - 2019 release for $44.99 or 5 payments of $9.00** with free standard shipping. That is only $10 more than the one's I that have been on Woot lately.

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ref...dp/B07HSDTR23/

bernie

**the monthly payments are select customers only.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #141
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
At the risk of missing the deal, how do folks feel about the regular Kindle with "built-in front light" vs the Paperwhite. I have an older Paperwhite that is getting pretty beat up, and I'm wondering about grabbing this as a replacement. But I don't follow Kindle hardware much, so wondering about the "downgrade" to regular Kindle, but it still has "a light", which is the most important thing for me.
For me, the 167 ppi of the basic Kindle would make it a non-starter. That’s just lousy compared to industry standard 300 ppi.

If you don’t feel like springing for the newest Paperwhite, or prefer the 6” form factor, why not consider the PW4? I know people here say the screen’s not a good as the PW3 but I think it’s fine, and you get warm light and waterproofing. There have been deals on the PW4 (as low as $35 recently with student prime) and I think it’s safe to say there will be more. While it might not get quite as low as that, I suspect that if you wait on it you can do better than the current $90 price. Heck, if you trade in your older Kindle on it right now you’ll get it for a maximum of $72 and that’s absent any gc value; if you can wait on a lower sale price you’ll do better still. Money well spent, IMO, (but it’s easy to spend other people’s money! )
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #142
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
For me, the 167 ppi of the basic Kindle would make it a non-starter. That’s just lousy compared to industry standard 300 ppi.

If you don’t feel like springing for the newest Paperwhite, or prefer the 6” form factor, why not consider the PW4? I know people here say the screen’s not a good as the PW3 but I think it’s fine, and you get warm light and waterproofing. There have been deals on the PW4 (as low as $35 recently with student prime) and I think it’s safe to say there will be more. While it might not get quite as low as that, I suspect that if you wait on it you can do better than the current $90 price. Heck, if you trade in your older Kindle on it right now you’ll get it for a maximum of $72 and that’s absent any gc value; if you can wait on a lower sale price you’ll do better still. Money well spent, IMO, (but it’s easy to spend other people’s money! )
the PW4 doesn't have warm light.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #143
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the PW4 doesn't have warm light.

best wishes koboy
Whoops! Of course you’re right.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:10 PM   #144
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
At the risk of missing the deal, how do folks feel about the regular Kindle with "built-in front light" vs the Paperwhite.
sufue, I got one of those for $50 when it was on sale. I am completely content for that price.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:39 PM   #145
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
You might want to check this:

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Ref.../dp/B077448K76

Here are all the present Kindle black firday deal as of this post.

https://www.amazon.com/s?rh=n%3A6669...6669702011_sar

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #146
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
This came up in my Christmas playlist today, and I thought it was really apropos for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-47VmFopE

I tried the embedding, but it wouldn't play.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:59 PM   #147
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
This came up in my Christmas playlist today, and I thought it was really apropos for the thread:

Old 11-20-2021, 06:19 PM   #148
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Nov 25 and Nov 26:
Amazon Devices: Save up to 42% on select Alexa-enabled devices including Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Kids, Echo Buds (2nd Gen) with wired case, and Echo Frames (2nd Gen). Save up to 30% on Amazon Fire TV 50” 4-Series. Save up to 30% on the Kindle Oasis. Save up to 50% on the Fire TV Stick 4K. Save up to 50% on select Fire HD tablets. Save up to 30% on Blink video Doorbell. Save $20 on the Luna Controller.
I would love to get a deal on the 4th gen Echo Dot with the clock but I'm not holding my breath.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 07:58 PM   #149
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Tracking

I added a new category to the first page -- eReaders 2021. The intent is to track the sale prices. It's the only category I'll track prices on this year.

So far, it contains Kindle, Kobo, and Nook (huh???). Let me know if y'all want other brands added.

The prices are current as of today.

Thanks, tm
Old 11-20-2021, 08:24 PM   #150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post

That was good. Thanks