Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 PM   #616
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VovoKrall View Post
Oh boy, it seems that I'm the one separating syllables incorrectly. Can someone confirm me this? xD
The three cases shown in your image are all hyphenated properly.

in·clud·ing
ma·nip·u·late
en·a·ble

Last edited by jhowell; 04-16-2019 at 07:25 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #617
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Hyphenation is performed by the reading device using a hyphenation dictionary for each supported language. I have also seen that English words are occasionally split at incorrect locations. It is up to Amazon to fix that.

The best you can do is to make sure that you have the correct language specified in both the OPF metadata and the HTML content of your book.

Choosing left alignment does not prevent hyphenation. It will still be used to prevent unusually short lines of text.

If you are familiar with how the edit the source files you are converting, you can turn off hyphenation completely in all or part of the text using CSS. The property to set for this is:

-webkit-hyphens: none
Reading in english with hyphenation is pretty difficult to me and I still want to use kfx for better kerning etc, so I wish to do that - turn off hyphenation. How can I do that? (I searched over Google but I didn't find anything that could help me)

PS: thank you for all your help so far.
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #618
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VovoKrall View Post
Reading in english with hyphenation is pretty difficult to me and I still want to use kfx for better kerning etc, so I wish to do that - turn off hyphenation. How can I do that?
You can convert a book to KFX with hyphenation disabled by changing the conversion settings. In the "Look and feel" section choose the "Styling" tab and paste the following into the "Extra CSS" box:

body {-webkit-hyphens: none;}
Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #619
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Quote:
You can convert a book to KFX with hyphenation disabled by changing the conversion settings. In the "Look and feel" section choose the "Styling" tab and paste the following into the "Extra CSS" box:

body {-webkit-hyphens: none;}
It worked! Thank you so much!
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #620
guillermoalvarez
guillermoalvarez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Output KDF Pluging

I have installed the Output KFX plugin, but when I try to convert an epub I have this notice: The book could not be sent because the adequated format was not found. Covert the book into an adequated format before trying it.

Please, can anybody help me?

Thanks

Last edited by guillermoalvarez; 04-24-2019 at 12:06 PM.
guillermoalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #621
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

That error message is not familiar to me.

Please describe the exact actions you are taking and copy and paste the exact error message produced.

(Also, please do not post the same question to multiple threads.)

Last edited by jhowell; 04-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #622
guillermoalvarez

Quote:
That error message is not familiar to me.

Please describe the exact actions you are taking and copy and paste the exact error message produced.
I downloaded the plugin, I checked it and it seems it´s right.

Conversion error: Kindle Previewer 3 is not installed as expected. Applications//Kindle Previewer3.app/Contents/MacOS/Lib/fc missing
Old 04-24-2019, 04:44 PM   #623
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

You also need to install the Kindle Previewer. See the "Installation" section of the plugin documentation.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:59 AM   #624
guillermoalvarez

Quote:
You also need to install the Kindle Previewer. See the "Installation" section of the plugin documentation.
Thanks. I´m going to do it and let you know how if it works.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:39 AM   #625
guillermoalvarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermoalvarez View Post
Thanks. I´m going to do it and let you know how if it works.
Hey, thank you so much for your help, it worked!
Just another question. Now I can´t see the number of each page, only the position. Is there any way to do it?
Old 04-25-2019, 05:58 AM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Just another question. Now I can´t see the number of each page, only the position. Is there any way to do it?
Do you mean you want to see the page count for the full book rather than per chapter? If so, in the Reading settings on the device, there is an option to how the page progress is displayed.

If that isn't it, then we need a bit more info on what you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:05 AM   #627
guillermoalvarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you mean you want to see the page count for the full book rather than per chapter? If so, in the Reading settings on the device, there is an option to how the page progress is displayed.

If that isn't it, then we need a bit more info on what you want.
If I convert an epub into MOBI with Calibre and send the book connected to it to my Kindle, I can see the number of each page when I´m reading. But not after using Kindle Previewer. I always prefer to see the page number instead of the position.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #628
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If I convert an epub into MOBI with Calibre and send the book connected to it to my Kindle, I can see the number of each page when I´m reading. But not after using Kindle Previewer. I always prefer to see the page number instead of the position.
By default KFX files produced using this plugin will not contain page numbers unless they were present in the source file being converted.

The plugin can be configured to produce approximately positioned page numbers for books that lack them if you want page numbers to be present for all books. See the "Usage" section in the first post in this thread for details.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #629
guillermoalvarez

Quote:
By default KFX files produced using this plugin will not contain page numbers unless they were present in the source file being converted.

The plugin can be configured to produce approximately positioned page numbers for books that lack them if you want page numbers to be present for all books. See the "Usage" section in the first post in this thread for details.
Thank you so much!
Old 05-17-2019, 01:14 AM   #630
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Hello, I was wondering whether there might be a bug in the last few versions of the KFX plugin...
I store my books in calibre in epub format, and convert them in KFX when I want to transfer them on the kindle.
I have noticed that with some - not all - of the last few books that I have converted, when first opened, they all point to the 100% of the book (and they show the cover of the book), instead of 0%.
If I use the kindle navigation options, and I go to "page or position", "end" of the books, or to any specific chapter, everything works. But if I choose to go to "start"... then it jumps, again, to 100% of the books (again, showing its cover).
Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Thanks

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 05-17-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine