Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Heads up - Best Buy has the Oasis in stock much sooner than Amazon..

Just a heads up for anyone in the US - Best Buy has all 3 colors available for order, with delivery much sooner than Amazon.

At least right now, they're showing the Merlot delivery would be on May 2nd..
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Mine's out for delivery. Ordered it last week from Best Buy.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Just a heads up for anyone in the US - Best Buy has all 3 colors available for order, with delivery much sooner than Amazon.

At least right now, they're showing the Merlot delivery would be on May 2nd..
Yes. Some people are getting them delivered today.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Just ordered a Merlot version from BB with expected Monday delivery. I'll cancel my brown cover order from Amazon. After seeing a couple videos it looks like a piece of lint will scratch that cover. I don't mind a distressed look, but that seems a little over the top.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
selianth
Enthusiast
selianth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you for this heads up. My delivery date from Amazon was July 13 (Merlot, Wi-fi, no offers). Just ordered from Best Buy and that date is May 5!
selianth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Just ordered a Merlot version from BB with expected Monday delivery. I'll cancel my brown cover order from Amazon. After seeing a couple videos it looks like a piece of lint will scratch that cover. I don't mind a distressed look, but that seems a little over the top.
It's a suede; so those little scratches can usually be smoothed down when you run your fingers the other direction. But I've decided against the brown also, because my suedes usually pick up finger oils faster than a flat leather.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the information. I got my Oasis today and am not happy with the screen. I'm not sure I'll return it, but if I do I'll have another available May 4. If I waited I'm sure these Best Buy ones would be gone.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:26 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
Thanks for the information. I got my Oasis today and am not happy with the screen. I'm not sure I'll return it, but if I do I'll have another available May 4. If I waited I'm sure these Best Buy ones would be gone.
I'm not happy with my screen too. I've ordered one from Best Buy. I'll see which one I like the best and then decide what to do with the other.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #9
selianth
Enthusiast

I noticed the Merlot cover is now sold out on Best Buy. Black and Walnut are still available immediately (as soon as tomorrow if you pay for the overnight shipping; Thursday May 5 with free shipping.) Looks like they'll be in stores on Friday May 6.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered the Merlot late last night and got a shipping confirmation this morning.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #11
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
So, several posters have said they are unhappy with the screen, but don't say why. What is the problem?
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #12
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I ordered the Merlot late last night and got a shipping confirmation this morning.
Ordered mine last night as well and just received a shipping confirmation an hour or so ago.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #13
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
So, several posters have said they are unhappy with the screen, but don't say why. What is the problem?
My screen is somewhat yellowish with a color shift. The thicker side where the LEDs are has slightly whitish blotches (which I can live with) and the color shifts from warm white on that side to yellow of the left. It isn't a terrible screen compared to some pictured in another thread here, but the color shift is distracting to me when reading and my Voyage has a better screen. I'll stick with my Voyage if I can't get a better Oasis than the current one I have.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #14
selianth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Ordered mine last night as well and just received a shipping confirmation an hour or so ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Just curious if you folks that got shipping confirmations this morning are using the free shipping, or did you pay for expedited/overnight?

Edit: Oh, well, I just got my shipping email as well, and I'm using free shipping. Curious to see where it will be coming from since if it's shipping UPS Ground I could potentially get it more quickly. Cross my fingers!

Last edited by selianth; 04-28-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I paid for expedited shipping.