Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 02:28 AM   #1
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
How do I create a series plugboard for Kindle Voyage?

Hello - I'd like to be able to organize my sideloaded mobi files on my Kindle Voyage by series. I found some instructions on another side on how to create one of these plugboards, but it told me to select a device and when I went to that dropdown menu, there was no option for Kindle Voyage there.

Can someone tell me step by step how to create a series plugboard for my kindle voyage? I would really appreciate it.

Note: I have been using a Kobo up until now and though I can't remember how I did it, I have been using a plugboard for the same purpose in the title field. The formula for that one is: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} and I'm quite happy with how that turned out, I would love to recreate that on the KV.

Thanks!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Voyage uses the generic Kindle driver, but, unless there's some reason you want this plugin to only work for the Voyage, the easy answer is to select "All Devices" and "All Formats" when you create the plugboard.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Voyage uses the generic Kindle driver, but, unless there's some reason you want this plugin to only work for the Voyage, the easy answer is to select "All Devices" and "All Formats" when you create the plugboard.
I do still have and use my Kobo device, so yeah I would want it to be specific to the Kindle, so that if I want to disable this feature for one device or the other in the future it's easier to do so.

So do I just select "kindle" in the drop down and then copy paste the exact same string as the one I have for the Kobo?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I do still have and use my Kobo device, so yeah I would want it to be specific to the Kindle, so that if I want to disable this feature for one device or the other in the future it's easier to do so.

So do I just select "kindle" in the drop down and then copy paste the exact same string as the one I have for the Kobo?
Yep...that plugboard should work fine on the kindle (I believe it is one of the examples Kovid uses in his plugboard description sticky in Library Management...the 'Kindle/Kobo economix').
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
Lily7
Zealot

It's not working. The series information is still not showing up in the titles in list view on my Voyage. Now what do I do?
Advert
Old 12-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fix it. It works fine for other people, so you're obviously doing something wrong. Have you got the right device? The right format? What format have you selected? What format are your books?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:06 AM   #7
Lily7
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Fix it. It works fine for other people, so you're obviously doing something wrong. Have you got the right device? The right format? What format have you selected? What format are your books?
I followed the directions to the letter. I selected every different Kindle option there was and none worked. I knew the string was correct and the file format correct and the destination were correct, so finally I just selected "any device" for the mobi format and it finally worked.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you check the full list of devices, therr are four Kindle drivers.

KINDLE_DX and KINDLE_FIRE are self-explanatory.

There is also KINDLE and KINDLE2, which obviously have to cover all other Kindle models, of which there are several.

For legacy reasons KINDLE only applies to the original Kindle, and KINDLE2 applies to all other E-Ink Kindles other than the DX.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote