Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
smirkin
smirkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
DRM removal doesn't work after upgrading Kindle device

Today I tried to download an Amazon book I had purchased, and convert it with Calibre. It's giving me a DRM error.

I recently upgraded Calibre, so I checked for an updated version of the plugin. I uninstalled the old plugin and installed the new one. It's still not working.

I don't have a problem converting DRM'd epubs, just books from Amazon.

I uninstalled the Calibre plugin, uninstalled Kindle for Mac, reinstalled Kindle for Mac and registered it with my existing Amazon account, then reinstalled the Calibre plugin. Still not working.

The only other change I've done other than upgrading Calibre recently, is that I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and de-registered my Kindle Keyboard. Could the issue be related to this?
smirkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkin View Post
Today I tried to download an Amazon book I had purchased, and convert it with Calibre. It's giving me a DRM error.

I recently upgraded Calibre, so I checked for an updated version of the plugin. I uninstalled the old plugin and installed the new one. It's still not working.

I don't have a problem converting DRM'd epubs, just books from Amazon.

I uninstalled the Calibre plugin, uninstalled Kindle for Mac, reinstalled Kindle for Mac and registered it with my existing Amazon account, then reinstalled the Calibre plugin. Still not working.

The only other change I've done other than upgrading Calibre recently, is that I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and de-registered my Kindle Keyboard. Could the issue be related to this?
Another thread mentioned that 'Tools' have become broken with the latest Calibre.
Go back to 2.11
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Another thread mentioned that 'Tools' have become broken with the latest Calibre.
Go back to 2.11
Really? I have 2.12, tools and all working, even with B&N.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
smirkin
smirkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I figured it out. I was downloading the file directly from Amazon, and needed to go into the plugin and add the serial number of my new Kindle.
smirkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Glad you've figured it out.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The other thread, if it's the one I am thinking of, said that the random failure rate increased dramatically. Since I have never noticed failures, I can't comment.

Kovid did just commit code to be "more robust against buggy Filetype plugins on book import", and I am not actually aware of any other filetype plugins...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Why are folks being evasive - pretty sure that this is the threat to which theducks and eschwartz allude - Import on Filename changes mid import due to book error

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Why are folks being evasive - pretty sure that this is the threat to which theducks and eschwartz allude - Import on Filename changes mid import due to book error

BR
Evasive ?
I was being Lazy Figured if they really were interested, they could do the search.
Knowing a tread exists is half the battle
Old 12-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
Because I hadn't seen that thread yet. I have been very lax in the last week or two about scanning every thread... I must be mechazeik myself...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #10
masud.shorif
masud.shorif began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkin View Post
I figured it out. I was downloading the file directly from Amazon, and needed to go into the plugin and add the serial number of my new Kindle.
Thanks a lot. It worked!!
masud.shorif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:29 AM   #11
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
deleted for asking a wrong question :/

Last edited by Mura35; 05-12-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:37 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You have been an MR member more than long enough to know that we do not allow requests for help with DRM removal here. Ask at the place you got the plugin.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #13
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Sorry, I haven't been your forum's member to know that :/ I saw others asking questions, so I assumed it was OK. Wouldn't have asked if I knew.
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura35 View Post
Sorry, I haven't been your forum's member to know that :/ I saw others asking questions, so I assumed it was OK. Wouldn't have asked if I knew.
The Guidelines button has been at the bottom of every page since before I joined.

It is the duty of every member to read and follow those.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines
Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Guidelines button has been at the bottom of every page since before I joined.

It is the duty of every member to read and follow those.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines
But, the problem is more people would see the guidelines/rules if they were at the top instead of the bottom. Once most get tot he end of the last message, they don't scroll any further down.

In this case, it's more a fault of the layout than people not reading the rules.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote