Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You could replace the motherboard, but unless you enjoy doing that kind of thing it's just not an effective use of one's time (IMHO). These are "throw-away" devices.
It looks doable, though.

Paperwhite "tear down" video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT902XX03Nw

Paperwhite 2, 3G motherboard on eBay ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kind...ss!76131!US!-1
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #17
redhen
redhen began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD
The DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file was able to bring me to the page where I have to choose the language but I was still not able to select the option as the screen was not responsive to the touch.
Is there any thing else I can do to be able to get my PW to work again? TIA
redhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhen View Post
The DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file was able to bring me to the page where I have to choose the language but I was still not able to select the option as the screen was not responsive to the touch.
Is there any thing else I can do to be able to get my PW to work again? TIA
If the touch screen is unresponsive after a factory reset, that sounds like a hardware failure.

I suspect it's time to buy a new eReader. If you contact Kindle support, they might be willing to give you a deal on a refurbished model.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote