Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #31
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Quote:
mtravellerh said:
2.True. We do replace broken PBs whenever they show up except when the screen is broken. In this case we repair for no profit.
Ehem, are you saying that, if my pb has the screen broke for any reason (a push in the metro, as example), you will repair it without profit for your company? How much could be the cost of repairing a screen, then?
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 AM   #32
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
Ehem, are you saying that, if my pb has the screen broke for any reason (a push in the metro, as example), you will repair it without profit for your company? How much could be the cost of repairing a screen, then?
No: he's saying that they'll repair broken Pocketbooks with no profit EXCEPT when the screen is broken. No reader covers the screen on its warranty: the only similar thing I've seen is the "screen insurance" that Luarna, the Spanish eBook company, offers.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #33
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Actually, that's not what he's saying: they repair them under warranty, except in case of broken screens (which is not covered): in this case they repair them at cost. Either way they are not making any profit from repairs.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #34
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Thank you, rogue_librarian, I think I wanted to say what you said, but my english is not good enough for that.

I know that screen is not covered by warranty, as logseman says, I do not know any company that ensures that. In Spain I read about some people with broken screens that costed almost the price of a new elctronic reader.

I wonder how much would cost the pb360 screen.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #35
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
As far as i know the screen of a 360 is at approx. 160 € but dont nail me on this.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #36
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
If you live in US, it'll cost you $125 and will bring us zero profit (nada, zilch, zap, nil; It'll just cover the cost of the screen plus labor.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #37
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Actually, that's not what he's saying: they repair them under warranty, except in case of broken screens (which is not covered): in this case they repair them at cost. Either way they are not making any profit from repairs.
I couldn't put it any better way. Thanks, rl!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 AM   #38
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
With the new prices I think(and hope) I have finally decided to buy the 360. But because the prices ar so high in Europe I have to wait for a friend to go to US and buy it for me. So I need an estimation on delivery time. My friend will be there for one week so the package can't arrive earlier or too late. When should I place the order? Will it be door-delivered or he will have to pick it up from the post office.
Thanks. Have a great day.
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #39
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexul View Post
With the new prices I think(and hope) I have finally decided to buy the 360. But because the prices ar so high in Europe I have to wait for a friend to go to US and buy it for me. So I need an estimation on delivery time. My friend will be there for one week so the package can't arrive earlier or too late. When should I place the order? Will it be door-delivered or he will have to pick it up from the post office.
Thanks. Have a great day.
Usually delivery within the USA takes 2-6 business days. I would suggest to place an order approximately a week before your friend arrives. It is a door-delivered service, but in some cases if nobody available to take the package it might be returned to the post office where you can pick up it later or schedule a new delivery time.
Please PM me or email at info@pocketbook.reader-ebook.org for any questions.
Thanks,
Tatiana
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote