Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #16
utkarshj
Enthusiast
utkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-booksutkarshj has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 7
I have done similar to what you did, the concept is same. Read the notes i ve written. My cable too does not work witj most chargers. Best way to fhe is via a computer port. And remember to connect the shields.

Sent from my C67ML_Carta using Tapatalk
utkarshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #17
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I found a cable that I purchased earlier for my phone, and can confirm that it works with the Max 2 - I tested both a USB stick and a USB keyboard.

EDIT: A USB mouse works as well - just slow on the screen.
The adapter that I have as a small USB HUB included - that does NOT work - as soon as I connect more than one device, the MAX 2 crashes and need to be rebooted.

/Jan

Last edited by Jayjee; 02-10-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Mouse tested as well
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #18
HoldOntoMyPencil
HoldOntoMyPencil began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I've tried pretty much all of the note-taking / sketching apps on the playstore with my Boox Max 2. Not a single one works without really bad lag and delays - seems like they don't write their pixels to the screen in a way that is compatible with an e-ink screen. No idea what the native note taking app does different, but it is the only one that is usable.

Though the apps that do support native hardware stylus pressure work fine with this device, so that part is working at least.
HoldOntoMyPencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #19
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Similar experience here -- tried a number of sketching/drawing apps but they don't compare well with the bundled Note app at all in terms of responsiveness.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #20
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
Similar experience here -- tried a number of sketching/drawing apps but they don't compare well with the bundled Note app at all in terms of responsiveness.
Animations could be at least part of the issue. If the app animates a lot (check separately on smartphone or tablet to verify) and does not have enough options and settings to reduce animations, it's useless on eink.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #21
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
For those out there that like to read reddit, I checked couple apps and Relay seems to work best. Most notably it let's you increase the font size easily.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:55 AM   #22
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
Is there any good scientific calculator app with graph drawing capabilities that has a suitable UI for e-ink?
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #23
peter68
peter68 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max Carta 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjee View Post
I found a cable that I purchased earlier for my phone, and can confirm that it works with the Max 2 - I tested both a USB stick and a USB keyboard.
I'm trying to connect a USB keyboard to the Max Carta 2. Is your cable similar to this one? Could this be fine?

[URL="https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Female-Adapter-Convertor-3-Pack/dp/B00YOX4JU6"]

Thank!
peter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #24
Noel1976
Noel1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max carta
peter68 eso es un cable otg, por lo menos en el max carta no funciona y por lo que leo en el maz2 tampoco, por eso se estaba discutiendo sobre un cable especial donde se le pudiera alimentar con energia externa para que funcionara
Noel1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #25
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
On an additional note, may be the following thread might be of some use:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294661

There is more detail on the kinds of cables that might work as well as links to specific products.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #26
Noel1976
Noel1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max carta
bueno creyendo que el Max2 seria igual al Max carta ya puedo confirmar que en el Max carta no funciona.

he seguido el hilo que ha puesto sogaiu he echo las pruevas con un hub en un movil para comprobar si funcionaba y en el movil funciona pero en el Max carta no funciona, asi que alguna conexion electronica habra diferente, yo me doy por vencido, ya que he echo todas las pruevas en el Max carta, supongo que para los del Max2 tendran mas suerte.

Veo que hos funciona.

Solo me queda el sistema bluetooth para conectar algun teclado o transferencia de archivos
Noel1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #27
blackmam
blackmam began at the beginning.

Device: Max 2
Am also looking at least sync app that sync notes or just send them by email without to have to export the draw etc..
Why don't they at least add share button?
blackmam is offline   Reply With Quote