Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
cmplus
cmplus began at the beginning.

Device: none
book in csv format

Good evening, when I save a book in csv format, the title changes, for example "a new book", when I export in csv format "a" is moved to the end. Can you avoid it? I would like to save as I display the title
cmplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I assume, you mean a CATALOG in CSV format

There is a tweak to set Library order or Strictly Alphabetical sort

AFAIK you can only Catalog the way the Library shows, but you can choose Title or Title-sort (you may have to scroll down the Tick list to find the optional field. You can re-order the list items
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
cmplus

I do not find the option to save in csv as you say. I want to save with the face I display it, in csv format are saved but the articles before the names are moved to the end of the file name. Can you change this?

example:
"a new book", when saved in csv format is changed to "new book a"
Old 03-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is no option to save a book in CSV format. There is only an option to save a list of books - i.e. a CSV catalogue within the library. When I create a CSV catalogue I don't save a library copy, I only save a copy to the desktop with a name I specify and I open it from there via the OS.

CSV is designed to represent tabular data not textual data.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-16-2018 at 05:06 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no book I would read in CSV format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #6
cmplus

Sorry maybe I could not explain, maybe the translator's fault. I want to save the books in csv format but the title is changed, puts the article forward to the title of the book at the end. A book called, for example: The silence of the innocents, is placed at the end of the name: silence of the innocent the. Can you make sure you save without this change?
Old 03-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cmplus - When you say "save the books in csv format [files]" do you mean "add csv format [files] to the library"?

If so, then you should read the following:

Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library? make sure you read the hidden text by click the Show button.

Why doesn’t calibre let me store books in my own directory structure? from the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Calibre User manual.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote