Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #151
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
NDA=Non Disclosure Agreement.

Anyway, I expect they do not forget the problem with the statistics.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:34 AM   #152
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
My guess is he's finishing up whatever is needed for the new devices I guess are coming soon.

Do you know what an NDA is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusephur View Post
Hmmmm, is it an initialism?
Nah, it's a TLA.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #153
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Nah, it's a TLA.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #154
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Nah, it's a TLA.
A Three Letter Agency!?! FBI! NSA? CIA!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #155
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
A Three Letter Agency!?! FBI! NSA? CIA!
Too many TLAs!!!!
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:29 PM   #156
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
NASA!

Oh, wait, that's more than three letters.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #157
Kombatant
Kombatant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
If they are releasing a new reader soon + have a serious software update coming (like a 5.0 version, for instance) the delay in releasing a build that fixes the current bugs makes sense.
Kombatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #158
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hmmmmmmm I realise there's a newer firmware being rolled out as we... ehm, type, but I'm a little behind: I only just updated to this 4.7.10413 two nights* ago. There seems to be a weirdness (bug?) that I haven't seen described here so I thought I'd post my few cents.

I noticed my Kobo Glo returns to the home screen seemingly randomly now and then. It happened while browsing my library (it's so difficult to choose my next read, agh!) every so many page turns... but then it also happened while the device was sleeping: last read book cover disappeared and up came the home screen... the screen stayed unresponsive as if the device was still sleeping (and yes waking the device up with the slider made the screen refresh (to the home screen, not to the book page where I was when I put the device to sleep) and be responsive again.

I didn't do much testing but it looks like the jumping to home screen happens whenever the device automatically syncs. It happened overnight with WiFi left on, and it did not happen the next night when I made sure WiFi was off (see, two nights, which is why I added this* silly detail). It hasn't happened since that either, with WiFi off the entire time.

The weirdness doesn't really bother/affect me as I generally have WiFi switched off, but still, it's not a very handy 'feature'.

(And, hellooooo! So nice to see so many of you are still devoted and active here and all that! I wish I had the time...)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote