Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #76
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The template DOES gray out a selected index. Look at the Kindlet index as an example.

My original comment was that it looked like the template had a problem with the "Index" index. But I see now that is only if a parameter is not passed to it. There is a separate line for when "Index" is passed in. It looks like it should work. I works fine in the Kindlet index.

Using the template, all those lines at the top (when you edit the whole page), are reduced to a single line.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #77
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I put the top menu template into all the indexes that did not have it. I adjusted the kindlet index so the right image was top-aligned again.

One problem: The DX(G) menu item does NOT gray out on the DX(G) index. It displays as bold black instead. Perhaps the template needs extra work to allow parentheses in an index name. We need to fix this.

EDIT: Fixed. The template required parentheses removal from the parameter name. I changed "DX(G)" to "DXG", and now it works. The menu item now displays correctly as gray "DX(G)" on the DX(G) index.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-26-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #78
geekmaster

I did some cleanup on the index links to the "noobs USB debricking guides" for the K3 (qlob), and for the K4/K5 (silver18). The K3 link was not formatted correctly for a wiki link.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #79
geekmaster

I added an image to the upper-right corner of the HowTo index wiki (which was the only index missing an image). After careful deliberation, I decided to NOT use this image:

You can see which image I finally chose to use on the HowTo page here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/HowTo_Index
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #80
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nice choice, adds a bit of color.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #81
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nice choice, adds a bit of color.
Here is the colorful image being discussed:

Sadly, the teacher is wearing a red shirt. As we know from the Star Trek universe, he is probably not going to survive this trip.

And thanks to thinkgeek.com, you too can join the crowd with your own Trek-style red shirt:

EDIT: Click the images above for more information. Like images in most of my posts, I often link to interesting sidebar information.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-06-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #82
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I so need one of those shirts... I would buy two but it seems futile to own more than one.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #83
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I so need one of those shirts... I would buy two but it seems futile to own more than one.
RESISTANCE is futile! Go ahead and buy two of them!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I tweaked the first post a bit to refresh some of the links to be more up to date.

Thanks again to everyone maintaining the wiki pages, you're awesome .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #85
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I tweaked the first post a bit to refresh some of the links to be more up to date.

Thanks again to everyone maintaining the wiki pages, you're awesome .
The first post SHOULD have all the most current relevant links and thread-specific news flashes, so thanks for the update!

And yeah, thanks guys! You are keeping it alive for everyone to benefit more efficiently and completely from the treasure trove buried in the Kindle Developer forums!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking of, if any newcomer is feeling overwhelmed and this thread didn't help, we'd like to hear about it .

The idea is *definitely not* to drown useful information in a sea of threads, but to make it easily accessible .

Last edited by twobob; 06-28-2014 at 07:44 AM. Reason: s/his/this
Old 07-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #87
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Thanks for posting this thread. I'll be going through this on the weekend. My first question, and please forgive me if it's dum, but what does this mean:

"Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files. Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle."

Am I dropping the whole zip file in the root directory or just all the specific files in that zip and what is meant by archive?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #88
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Shopaholic: Wikipedia to the rescue! . So that does mean *extracting* the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory or your Kindle over USB (ie. we want the *contents* of the archive, not the archive itself).

Oppose extract/unpack/unzip/unrar/untar/uncompress to copy/move, which then would have meant simply copy the zip file itself, untouched .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-04-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #89
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
2014 Model Support

Check the prefix drop down list !!

There you will find: "KT2" and "KV" in addition to "PW2"

We are currently using "PW2" for both the 2013-PW2 and the 2014-PW2.

The additions where made just today by Alex.
A big thank-you is due Alex.

- - - - - -

@ NiLuJe - would you touch up the thread prefixes as you stumble across them?

@ Eveybody Else - Any site moderator can modify a thread's prefix.

If you authored a thread that should have one of the specific prefixes attached to it -
Then just go to the first post of your thread, and use the "report post" button to report it.
In the text box, ask politely to have the prefix change made.

Everybody helping out by reporting their own posts will queue the work for the site moderators - easing the burden on our one remaining moderator.

Last edited by knc1; 11-29-2014 at 04:38 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #90
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Will do, thanks for the heads up .

Tags
hacks, index, tutorials, wiki