Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
siupalm
siupalm began at the beginning.

Device: palm Treo 680
Problem viewing Traditional Chinese ebooks

I added my .PRC and PDF ebooks in Traditional Chinese (encoded with Big5 or UTF-8) to my library but the contents changed to monster characters when viewing with the internal viewer of Calibre.

I wonder if Calibre supports traditional Chinese ebooks with Big5 and UTF-8 encoding and I would be grateful if anyone can offer a solution to the above problem.

Siupalm
siupalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try changing the fonts in the ebook-viewer preferences to ones that support chinese characters.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
siupalm
siupalm began at the beginning.

Device: palm Treo 680
Dear Kovidgoyal,

Thanks for your advice. I have tried other fonts in the ebook-viewer but the problem still presists. I would be grateful if you can offer any other solutions.

Siupalm
siupalm is offline   Reply With Quote