Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 04:43 AM   #196
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
I actually can't find an edit button on the characters information page. I.e https://www.goodreads.com/characters/26812-rand-al-thor. It says "edit description of this character" but that's not an actual link. I also can't see a way to add characters. Last time I looked into this, I think I read that only goodrrads' librarians can edit book information.
That is correct. And on the Goodreads help page, there is information about becoming a librarian. From memory, the only requirement was you had 50 books in your Goodreads library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:44 AM   #197
dxcore35
dxcore35 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Lightbulb Neurolinguistic analysis + quotes extraction from goodreads

I see no way depending on goodreads's information. Is somebody skilful to implement this idea?

1. (TODO) Find unique keywords, find Names, Places, etc...
2. (TODO) Extract definitions form text

3. (PARTLY) Add them to X-ray
4. (DONE) Extract quotes from goodread.com
* this one is extra

I know it is not small project but when it is done once it can be used forever
Since the texts are analyzed locally - directly from text not the API or web information.

Here are some python resources:
dxcore35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #198
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxcore35 View Post
I see no way depending on goodreads's information. Is somebody skilful to implement this idea?

1. (TODO) Find unique keywords, find Names, Places, etc...
2. (TODO) Extract definitions form text

3. (PARTLY) Add them to X-ray
4. (DONE) Extract quotes from goodread.com
* this one is extra

I know it is not small project but when it is done once it can be used forever
Since the texts are analyzed locally - directly from text not the API or web information.

Here are some python resources:
Good idea. Sadly, I just don't have the time or brains to do this.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:25 AM   #199
Ufak
Ufak began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hello. I need some help. i literally dont know any technical stuff about plug ins and i dont know how to add this plug-in to the calibre... i have just started using my ebook reader and i really want to use x ray feature on my side loaded e-books.can anyone please tell me how to add this plug-in to calibre?

Edit:I just figured it out and added the plugin.... now im unable to work out how to create x-ray file using the plug in..

Last edited by Ufak; 04-22-2018 at 04:03 AM.
Ufak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:29 PM   #200
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufak View Post
Hello. I need some help. i literally dont know any technical stuff about plug ins and i dont know how to add this plug-in to the calibre... i have just started using my ebook reader and i really want to use x ray feature on my side loaded e-books.can anyone please tell me how to add this plug-in to calibre?

Edit:I just figured it out and added the plugin.... now im unable to work out how to create x-ray file using the plug in..
1. Add the tool to your toolbar through the preferences menu (you can find how to do this using a simple google search so I won't explain here)
2. Go to X-Ray Creator and select preferences.
3. Make your changes and hit Okay.
4. Connect your kindle.
5. Select the books you want to make x-ray files for. (Note: the more books you choose, the longer the operation will take)
6. Click X-Ray Creator in your toolbar.
7. Click Create/Update Files.
If you selected Send files to device if connected in preferences, you're done so don't follow the rest.
9. Go to X-Ray Creator in your toolbar
10. Click Send Files to Device.

Note: the keyboard shortcuts are also listed in that menu so if you memorize them, you can make your life easier.

Happy reading!
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2018, 11:26 PM   #201
mallomar
Enthusiast
mallomar began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 2, Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks for the great plugin! I really appreciate how it fills in information Amazon doesn't let us have if we want to strip DRM from our books or buy the books from elsewhere. I have a couple questions for you if you have a chance:

1. I noticed under Notes the Popular Highlights and Notes are still empty. Is there a way to fill these in? With this plug in or another?

2. Is there a way to have these work with books that are sent to Kindle via the Send-to-Kindle or email to Kindle feature? It would be great to have both WhisperSync and X-Ray working for our own sideloaded books. The closest I was able to come was getting the author information to work. I'm thinking using this feature, Amazon changes the file name by appending a seemingly random string at the end, as Calibre says I don't have the Kindle books in my Calibre library but I actually do, though if this is the case I'm not sure how this plug in still is able to fill in the author information. For now I'll continue to sideload over USB instead of Send-to-Kindle, as this works without issue.
mallomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #202
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hi szarroug3

Thanks for the plugin, great work!
I'm using it building the input json manually and it generally works very well.
But I've detected two stange behaiviour and I'd like to know if there is any possibility to fix them.
The problems are:
When the character name begins or ends with a accent (non English names) like Ángel or Bernabé, the parser does not detect this character name.
The other one: I don't know why, but in some books, the X-Ray popup window with the character description does not appears when you highlight the word. If I manually click x-ray, I can find the character descrption.
I suppose it can be due to a format problem with the book or a bug in the parser. Anyone can give me an advice?

Thanks.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #203
shadowkitty
shadowkitty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm having a problem with this plug-in generating X-rays for books I didn't select.
I only tried it in about 3 books, and found that it had errors in notable clips not exactly about the characters so I uninstalled the plug-in.

But now the rest of the books in my Kindle that I didn't generate x-ray for just randomly have it. The .sdr folder in my books have xray.entities files, end actions files, etc.. How do I remove these completely? I'm not sure why it's doing it in the first place since I already uninstalled the plug-in...
shadowkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:26 AM   #204
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
Hi szarroug3

Thanks for the plugin, great work!
I'm using it building the input json manually and it generally works very well.
But I've detected two stange behaiviour and I'd like to know if there is any possibility to fix them.
The problems are:
When the character name begins or ends with a accent (non English names) like Ángel or Bernabé, the parser does not detect this character name.
The other one: I don't know why, but in some books, the X-Ray popup window with the character description does not appears when you highlight the word. If I manually click x-ray, I can find the character descrption.
I suppose it can be due to a format problem with the book or a bug in the parser. Anyone can give me an advice?

Thanks.
Any idea to fix problem when the character name begins, ends or contain a non English character. I think the problem is related with expreg in book_parser.py line:
word_pat = re.compile(r'(\b' + r'\b|\b'.join(escaped_word_list) + r'\b)', re.I)
and then:
entity_id = self._process_match(match, codec, excerpt_id, word_loc)
The \b command not seem to do right with this kind of chars...
Too, I think is something related with the UTF-8 length of this characters for word containing this kind of chars.
Can anyone help me?

Last edited by Shark69; 08-02-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:50 AM   #205
KloudZ
KloudZ began at the beginning.

incorrect highlight and no "x-ray" button when the keyword hilighted

Hi szarroug3!
Thank you for your plugin.
My situation is like this: I have two Kindle voyage devices logged with two different Amazon accounts, one for the U.S. and the other one China. I purchased the book from Chinese store https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B00HVPSXNS/ and sync to my Chinese Kindle. I want to keep a copy on my U.S. Kindle, so I downloaded a azw3 file from Amazon, added to Clibre, with the DeDRM plugin.

What I then did was as followed:
1. Edited the DeDRMed azw3 by adding some chapters in the ToC
2. Grabbed the asc file in the Chinese Kindle
3. Used the edited azw3 and the original asc file to create a new X-Ray file with your plugin
4. Sent the edited azw3 and the new asc file to my U.S. Kindle

The result in my U.S. Kindle:
1. When I try to highlight the key words in the text, the x-ray information won't show up.
2. When I open the X-Ray function, the highlighted texts appear to be wrong, a few letters after the supposed texts.
3. Basically I'm not able to enjoy the X-Ray as intended.

Is there anything wrong I did?
KloudZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:30 AM   #206
Shark69
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KloudZ View Post
Hi szarroug3!
Thank you for your plugin.
My situation is like this: I have two Kindle voyage devices logged with two different Amazon accounts, one for the U.S. and the other one China. I purchased the book from Chinese store https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B00HVPSXNS/ and sync to my Chinese Kindle. I want to keep a copy on my U.S. Kindle, so I downloaded a azw3 file from Amazon, added to Clibre, with the DeDRM plugin.

What I then did was as followed:
1. Edited the DeDRMed azw3 by adding some chapters in the ToC
2. Grabbed the asc file in the Chinese Kindle
3. Used the edited azw3 and the original asc file to create a new X-Ray file with your plugin
4. Sent the edited azw3 and the new asc file to my U.S. Kindle

The result in my U.S. Kindle:
1. When I try to highlight the key words in the text, the x-ray information won't show up.
2. When I open the X-Ray function, the highlighted texts appear to be wrong, a few letters after the supposed texts.
3. Basically I'm not able to enjoy the X-Ray as intended.

Is there anything wrong I did?
I've realized the original book language is Spanish. Bacause of this, perhaps your problem is similar mine. I've just reported about problems with characters which name contains chars with more than one byte in UTF-8 representation. I'm working to solve the bug. If you want, you can send me the book and the asc file and I can check if my first version solve your problem.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:51 AM   #207
KloudZ

Quote:
I've realized the original book language is Spanish. Bacause of this, perhaps your problem is similar mine. I've just reported about problems with characters which name contains chars with more than one byte in UTF-8 representation. I'm working to solve the bug. If you want, you can send me the book and the asc file and I can check if my first version solve your problem.
Please see the attached. Thanks Shark69!
Old 08-10-2018, 05:33 AM   #208
Shark69
Zealot

I'm checking your files and I'll answer you asap.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #209
Shark69
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KloudZ View Post
Please see the attached. Thanks Shark69!
Try these files. please

Last edited by Shark69; 08-11-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:33 AM   #210
KloudZ

Quote:
Try these files. please
I don't see any files attached.

Tags
x-ray