Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamo View Post
Got it working. I unzipped the tar.gz using winzip. That caused some LF/CR changes. I unzipped with WinRar and then transferred to SD card. Now the installation went through fine.

Great tool.
Thanks
Sorry, I've been away for some days working away.
I'm glad your problem is fixed now.
Expect a new version in a few days.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

ANN: Toolbox v1.2

New version for our beloved Iliad Toolbox.

Main features:
- file browser
- system operations: reboot, power-off
- readme

I've updated the first post in this thread with the new version and new screenshots.
Attached Files
File Type: gz Toolbox-1.2.tar.gz (783.7 KB, 424 views)
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
When I push on sistem info the program exit. I don't know why.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
When I push on sistem info the program exit. I don't know why.
could you run the program from the CLI and show the error message, please?

Code:
# export DISPLAY=:0.0
# cd /media/card/Toolbox
# lua _files/Toolbox.lua | ./_files/xx -p
(change /media/card/Toolbox with your path to Toolbox).

To do it you have 2 options:

a) execute xshell, mrxvt or other shell available on your Iliad
b) connect with SSH. You'll need dropbear installed and running first

By the way, do the other tools work?

Thanks for your feedback,
Iņigo
Old 11-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #20
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Wow, the image of Summary of System Information shows that you have used all space in /dev/tffsa1. Have you removed dir "/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo"? It will give you 20MB free space. I think the html viewer of iLiad is rarely needed.
BTW, the summary of partition info uses three columns to show partition space usage. I think two columns (total space and free space) should be suffice. Maybe you should change one of the columns to show partition type.

Last edited by ericshliao; 11-28-2009 at 05:02 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Sorry I was trying to excute mrxvt but don't get nothing ( can't find lua, it's the message). The other tools work well, maybe if the file browser use two windows for source a target folders ( style norton comander) the work will be esasy.
Note.- I prefer flat mode
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #22
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Sorry I was trying to excute mrxvt but don't get nothing ( can't find lua, it's the message).
Found something: last release of lgob changed the API for Timeout functions.
Change these lines:
_files/sysinfo.lua:189 glib.Timeout.remove => glib.timeout_remove
_files/sysinfo.lua:194 glib.Timeout.add => glib.timeout_add
_files/sysinfo.lua:359 was ok in Toolbox v1.2

I've attached a correct file with these fixes. Copy it in Toolbox/_files/modules.

Also confirm that you have installed lua5.1-iliad-1.6.6.ipk instead of v1.6.5, as there are needed modules (battery related) only present on v1.6.6.

Quote:
The other tools work well, maybe if the file browser use two windows for source a target folders ( style norton comander) the work will be esasy.
Note.- I prefer flat mode
I also prefer 2-panes file managers (in fact one of the apps I'm developing for Linux/UNIX during last years is such a program, google for lfm if you are curious) but the lack of a proper keyboard in the Iliad doesn't make it as useful as on computers, so I finally adopted a similar way some apps for mobile phones do.

Treeview is specially useful when you have to copy/move some files in the same tree branch. Anyway, you can hot-change it without quitting the program.

Thanks for the report and comments.
Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: gz sysinfo.lua.gz (3.5 KB, 290 views)
Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #23
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Wow, the image of Summary of System Information shows that you have used all space in /dev/tffsa1. Have you removed dir "/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo"? It will give you 20MB free space. I think the html viewer of iLiad is rarely needed.
BTW, the summary of partition info uses three columns to show partition space usage. I think two columns (total space and free space) should be suffice. Maybe you should change one of the columns to show partition type.
You are right, maybe "used" column is redundant.
But I don't share the interest of partition type, it is a static datum, it doesn't provide any useful information.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #24
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Hi Inigo,

I have the same issue that Mac has. I tried to copy the sysinfo file as you requested but still no luck. The browser is closing each time that I am trying to access the system information. All other tools are working perfectly. Thank you for any additionnal tips.
Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #25
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabon View Post
Hi Inigo,

I have the same issue that Mac has. I tried to copy the sysinfo file as you requested but still no luck. The browser is closing each time that I am trying to access the system information. All other tools are working perfectly. Thank you for any additionnal tips.
Dabon.
Hi Dabon,

sysinfo does some internal specific tasks, so maybe we have different Iliad editions and they make the crash happen.

To find out where the problem comes from you should run the app from a terminal to be able to read the backtrace.

The easiest way is from the computer: if you have dropbear (SSH daemon) installed on your Iliad, ssh there and run:

(from the iliad):
$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
$ cd /path/to/Toolbox
$ lua _files/Toolbox.lua | ./_files/xx -p

and then proceed to click on sysinfo on your Iliad screen and report the error showed on your terminal.

Thanls,
Iņigo
Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #26
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thank you for your reply Inigo,

Actually I had a working dropbear a couple of months earlier, but recently I had to reflash my iliad, so I will need to update my busybox and reinitiate dropbear, before resolving this issue. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
Apparently I'm too stupid to install this toolbox. I uncompressed it and copied the folder "toolbox" to my iLiad. But on my device I can not open this folder nor can I run any installer. Actually I don't see the folder "toolbox", it only shows me the content of "manifest.xml" - "Iliad Toolbox: Install it on your Iliad"

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I found the noob guide to installing applications, now I know whats wrong ;-)
Sorry for not looking first at this guide

Last edited by Gonzo62; 01-11-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Solved
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #28
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
Apparently I'm too stupid to install this toolbox. I uncompressed it and copied the folder "toolbox" to my iLiad. But on my device I can not open this folder nor can I run any installer. Actually I don't see the folder "toolbox", it only shows me the content of "manifest.xml" - "Iliad Toolbox: Install it on your Iliad"

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I found the noob guide to installing applications, now I know whats wrong ;-)
Sorry for not looking first at this guide
Ok, glad you discovered the problem.

Please, tell me if you find any other issue or have some suggestions or ideas.

Iņigo
Old 01-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #29
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Ok, glad you discovered the problem.

Please, tell me if you find any other issue or have some suggestions or ideas.

Iņigo
Ė found a lot of issues :-)

In generally the screen is always refreshing two times , that means if I'm choosing "about" the about screen is showing up then - after at about half a second - the screen is updating again and the about screen is showing up again. Same is for all screens and for going back to the main menu.

1.) System Information
not working - toolbox is closing itself without error message

2.) File Explorer

error message "An error was produced when loading the configuration.
Error 2: _files/filebrowser.ini. No such file or directory.

After klicking "ok" its working sometimes and sometimes toolbox is closing itself during reading "mnt/free".
And its true - theres no filebrowser.ini in files

3.) Recent Files
working

4.) System Operations
working

5.) Help
working

6.) About
working

I'm having the iLiad 2nd edition and I installed toolbox from MMC card and after installation its running from this card.

And I noticed that I'm having a CF Card with the empty folder "programs" although there's no CF card in the slot.

According to the logfile in /files my firmware is 2.12.1, maybe thats the problem.
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #30
Iņigo
Guru

first, thanks for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
Ė found a lot of issues :-)

In generally the screen is always refreshing two times , that means if I'm choosing "about" the about screen is showing up then - after at about half a second - the screen is updating again and the about screen is showing up again. Same is for all screens and for going back to the main menu.
It also occurs to me. I don't know the reason, but I think the issues is coming from the refresh method used, the "xx" small app. Maybe hansel could help us here.

Quote:
1.) System Information
not working - toolbox is closing itself without error message
System information uses some internal calls for the hardware in order to get battery status. So it looks like there is a problem with firmware 2.12.1.
As I only have an old Iliad (v2.12) I can't check or solve it.

Tell me if you want to help and make some debugging stuff. You'll need to connect with SSH from a computer.

Quote:
2.) File Explorer

error message "An error was produced when loading the configuration.
Error 2: _files/filebrowser.ini. No such file or directory.

After klicking "ok" its working sometimes and sometimes toolbox is closing itself during reading "mnt/free".
And its true - theres no filebrowser.ini in files
The first time you run the program it will detect there is no configuration file and will generate one.

The crashes you mention when browsing /mnt/free would need some debugging.
Do you have any special contents there?

Quote:
3.) Recent Files
working

4.) System Operations
working

5.) Help
working

6.) About
working
Ok, something works!

Quote:
I'm having the iLiad 2nd edition and I installed toolbox from MMC card and after installation its running from this card.

And I noticed that I'm having a CF Card with the empty folder "programs" although there's no CF card in the slot.

According to the logfile in /files my firmware is 2.12.1, maybe thats the problem.
I've developed the app using v2.12, and some of the helper apps (hansel's install scripts and xx) I use where developed on 2.12 as well. I also use a SD/MMC card (don't have a CF) so I'm not be able to check other places to install.
It shouldn't be a problem, but perhaps it's creating some trash.

Cheeres,
Iņigo

Tags
lua, toolbox, tools