Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Downpour -- Editor's Pick -- unknown

$13.50 -- The Princess Diarist -- Carrie Fisher/ C Fisher, et al --> 5.2 hrs --> memoir

Quote:
From Princess Leia herself: another self-examination of unlikely life and times by the bestselling author of Postcards from the Edge and Wishful Drinking—ready to publish following the release of the latest Star Wars sequel.

Carrie Fisher, that most idiosyncratic of Hollywood stars, again explores her life as the child of Tinseltown royalty, her adventures as Princess Leia, and her misadventures as Bipolar Woman of the Year—with another series of hilarious, jaw-dropping, and interconnected autobiographical essays.
Quote:
Publisher's Summary

The Princess Diarist is Carrie Fisher's intimate, hilarious and revealing recollection of what happened behind the scenes on one of the most famous film sets of all time, the first Star Wars movie. Named a People magazine Best Book of Fall 2016.

When Carrie Fisher recently discovered the journals she kept during the filming of the first Star Wars movie, she was astonished to see what they had preserved - plaintive love poems, unbridled musings with youthful naiveté, and a vulnerability that she barely recognized. Today, her fame as an author, actress, and pop-culture icon is indisputable, but in 1977 Carrie Fisher was just a (sort-of) regular teenager.

With these excerpts from her handwritten notebooks, The Princess Diarist is Fisher's intimate and revealing recollection of what happened on one of the most famous film sets of all time - and what developed behind the scenes. And today, as she reprises her most iconic role for the latest Star Wars trilogy, Fisher also ponders the joys and insanity of celebrity and the absurdity of a life spawned by Hollywood royalty, only to be surpassed by her own outer-space royalty. Laugh-out-loud hilarious and endlessly quotable, The Princess Diarist brims with the candor and introspection of a diary while offering shrewd insight into the type of stardom that few will ever experience.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #92
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
3 Month Audible UK Deal For Previous Members

When I went to grab the UK Daily Deal I was offered a three month £2.99 ($3.64 for today in USA dollars) so I grabbed it. Now I can finish the Dark Icelandic series by Ragnar Jonasson. I loved the first one and the USA is getting the fourth book on January 26, 2016 but not the rest. What makes not having it on Audible USA even more dumb is that the books are Audible productions. When are the publishers of the Nordic mysteries going to stop releasing these piece meal and out of order. I have been waiting a couple years to get the rest of Helene Tursten's books in English. She is IMO one of the greatest Crime Writers of all time and I want more of her books so bad.

http://www.audible.co.uk/promo/offer...&p=WBK17FORALC
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 16 Jan

$1.99 -- Iron Dawn -- Richard Snow/ Grover Gardner --> 12.3 hrs --> history

Quote:
Iron Dawn: The Monitor, the Merrimack, and the Civil War Sea Battle That Changed History

From acclaimed popular historian Richard Snow comes the thrilling story of the naval battle that changed the Civil War and the future of all sea power.

No single sea battle has had more far-reaching consequences than the one fought in the harbor at Hampton Roads, Virginia, in March 1862. The Confederacy, with no fleet of its own, built an iron fort containing ten heavy guns on the hull of a captured Union frigate named the Merrimack. The North got word of the project when it was already well along, and, in desperation, commissioned an eccentric inventor named John Ericsson to build the Monitor, an entirely revolutionary iron warship—at the time, the single most complicated machine ever made. Abraham Lincoln himself was closely involved with the ship’s design. Rushed through to completion in just one hundred days, it mounted only two guns, but they were housed in a shot-proof revolving turret.

The ship hurried south from Brooklyn (and nearly sank twice on the voyage), only to arrive to find the Merrimack had destroyed half the Union fleet and would be back to finish the job the next day. When she returned, the Monitor was there. She fought the Merrimack to a standstill and saved the Union cause. As soon as word of the battle spread, Great Britain—the foremost sea power of the day—ceased work on all wooden ships. A thousand-year-old tradition ended, and the path to the naval future opened.

Iron Dawn is the irresistible story of these incredible, intimidating war machines. Historian Richard Snow brings to vivid life the tensions of the time, explaining how wooden and ironclad ships worked, maneuvered, battled, and sank. This full account of the Merrimack and Monitor has never been told in such immediate, compelling detail.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #94
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Deal of the Week -- exp 16 Jan

$3.95 -- Judas -- Amos Oz/ Jonathan Davis --> 10.8 hrs --> historical

Quote:
Winner of the International Literature Prize, the new novel by Amos Oz is his first full-length work since the bestselling A Tale of Love and Darkness.

Jerusalem, 1959. Shmuel Ash, a biblical scholar, is adrift in his young life when he finds work as a caregiver for a brilliant but cantankerous old man named Gershom Wald. There is, however, a third, mysterious presence in his new home. Atalia Abravanel, the daughter of a deceased Zionist leader, a beautiful woman in her forties, entrances young Shmuel even as she keeps him at a distance. Piece by piece, the old Jerusalem stone house, haunted by tragic history and now home to the three misfits and their intricate relationship, reveals its secrets.

At once an exquisite love story and coming-of-age novel, an allegory for the state of Israel and for the biblical tale from which it draws its title, Judas is Amos Oz’s most powerful novel in decades.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I just spotted this one over on social media. You can get a copy of "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo from Audible if you go here and use the promo code TIDYUP1. It is supposed to be good through 1/31.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound

PS - I thought about not posting it to deny Gtr her favorite, a non-fiction self-help title, for slamming the Great American Pastime. Fortunately the audiobook lover in me won out over the baseball lover. Go 'Cards!
Thanks - added to OP
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #96
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Downpour -- Editor's Pick -- unknown

$13.50 -- The Princess Diarist -- Carrie Fisher/ C Fisher, et al --> 5.2 hrs --> memoir
I actually liked her best in her brief roles in The Blues Brothers.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #97
nancy-mo
Enthusiast
nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Thanks, great find! - added to OP and Audible Memberships

* Terms and conditions:
I'm a past member who tried to use the HSNAUDIBLE promo code today and got a notice that it was cancelled. When I called Audible I was told that it was cancelled on 1/6/18. Since I wasn't offered any deals, I did an internet search and discovered another promo that worked for me: https://m.retailmenot.com/showcoupon...Channel=online
One free month and two audiobooks! Sorry if this is a repeat.
nancy-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #98
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Jan 6 2018?? That hasn't arrived yet. Typo?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-mo View Post
I'm a past member who tried to use the HSNAUDIBLE promo code today and got a notice that it was cancelled. When I called Audible I was told that it was cancelled on 1/6/18. Since I wasn't offered any deals, I did an internet search and discovered another promo that worked for me: https://m.retailmenot.com/showcoupon...Channel=online
They canceled that one early. The promo's T&C stated it wouldn't expire until 28 Feb 2017.

Quote:
* Terms and conditions:

Quote:
At the end of the 2-month promotional period, your Audible.com subscription will be automatically renewed at the then current full price (currently $14.95 per month) with your designated credit card or another available card on file. Cancel anytime. This promotion is available until February 28, 2017 and for new customers of Audible.com. Other terms and conditions apply, including those available at http://www.audible.com/gift-terms. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Since I wasn't offered any deals, I did an internet search and discovered another promo that worked for me: https://m.retailmenot.com/showcoupon...Channel=online
I'm getting a 404 error on that link.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #101
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 11 Jan
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #102
nancy-mo
Enthusiast
nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nancy-mo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Quote:
I'm getting a 404 error on that link.
It was on the Audible Coupon page on Retail Me Not. It took me to an offer on Amazon. I can't seem to recreate it. Sorry☹️
Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #103
nancy-mo
Enthusiast

Quote:
It was on the Audible Coupon page on Retail Me Not. It took me to an offer on Amazon. I can't seem to recreate it. Sorry☹️
Try this link: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_s...9-35A824ED3213
Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 PM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks - that's a standard offer for first time members, and sometimes for previous members. YMMV
Old 01-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Whispersync -- limited time

$1.99 -- Bad Habits No More -- SJ Scott/ Greg Zarcone --> 1.3 hrs --> NF motivational

Quote:
Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break Any Bad Habit

Whispersync: Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)

Learn How to Break Bad Habits and Build Powerful, Positive Routines

Do you: Often snack on junk food, watch too much TV, spend too much money, or binge eat? Wish you could stop smoking or drinking excessively? Have a small (but annoying) habit you'd like to break? We all have a specific bad habit we'd like to break. Odds are you've tried in the past, and maybe you were successful for a few days. Then something unexpected came up where you slipped for a day or two. One mistake snowballs into a series of setbacks. Eventually you give up on the idea of making a habit change simply because it's too difficult to do. The interesting thing? We've all experienced this pattern at some point in our lives. Fortunately there's a quick fix: Make a plan for breaking that habit, and follow it on a daily basis.

Right now: Pick a bad habit, make a plan, and start today! It doesn't matter if you've failed with your habit efforts in the past. It doesn't mean you're lazy or weak willed. It means you didn't have the right tools for making a lasting habit change. What you need is a strategy for identifying your worst habits and learning how to overcome them. That solution is an audiobook called: Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit. With this book, you will learn: