Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
JordonGreene
JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Top 3 Favorite Musician/Band?

Just a simple question so we can see another aspect of each other's lives. Who are your top three favorite musicians/bands? Here are mine in no particular order.

Bring Me the Horizon
Asking Alexandria
Five Finger Death Punch

I must admit though, that it at times this changes with others. Basically I like heavy metal and punk rock/metalcore.
JordonGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hi Jordan. Welcome.

That's a pretty difficult question, ask me the same tomorrow and the answer could be different, but, I'll go for my favourite three as;

Captain Beefheart
The Rolling Stones
Paul Simon

I think that there are single songs from other bands that I might like better, but those three are the bands I listen to the most.

I must admit that I've never heard of any of your three choices.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Neil Diamond
Def Leppard
Bob Dylan's songs as long as someone else is singing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
[...]Bob Dylan's songs as long as someone else is singing.

Red (Hard Rock)
Five Iron Frenzy (same)
Disciple ()
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #5
JordonGreene
JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post

Red (Hard Rock)
Five Iron Frenzy (same)
Disciple ()
I've not heard of Five Iron Frenzy, but I do like Red and Disciple. I was first introduced to rock by Skillet actually, and though I prefer their older music I still like them! I was just listening to Red the other day actually.
Advert
Old 07-14-2016, 11:47 PM   #6
JordonGreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Hi Jordan. Welcome.

That's a pretty difficult question, ask me the same tomorrow and the answer could be different, but, I'll go for my favourite three as;

Captain Beefheart
The Rolling Stones
Paul Simon

I think that there are single songs from other bands that I might like better, but those three are the bands I listen to the most.

I must admit that I've never heard of any of your three choices.
Yeah, it's definitely a hard answer, and I agree it can and does change. I know who The Rolling Stones are (as in I know the name and I'm sure I've heard some of their songs, but I couldn't tell you what) and I think Paul Simon rings a bell. Sorry. Most of mine are younger newer bands in hard rock, not as main stream.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordonGreene View Post
Yeah, it's definitely a hard answer, and I agree it can and does change. I know who The Rolling Stones are (as in I know the name and I'm sure I've heard some of their songs, but I couldn't tell you what) and I think Paul Simon rings a bell. Sorry. Most of mine are younger newer bands in hard rock, not as main stream.
For Paul Simon,
He was the Simon in Simon and Garfunkel. Mrs. Robinson, Scarborough Fair, Bridge over Troubled Water. His solo songs include You can call me Al, 50 Ways to leave your lover and One Trick Pony.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #8
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have a different set of artists for multiple genres, but I guess I mostly listen to Electronic/Space/Ambient music, so:

1 - David Wright
2 - Kitaro
3 - Gert Emmens (solo or with Ruud Heij)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 AM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Oh and my fourth choice would be The Eagles.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:49 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordonGreene View Post
Just a simple question...
No, indeed, a very complex question...

I pondered this for a while and find I just can't really answer. Depending on a multitude of things I favor too many type of music to pick just three favorites. I might listen to Iced Earth one time and the next might have a craving for Glenn Miller or The Beatles. Might go for some Coltrane (as in John) or the Purple One (may he R.I.P.). The Minnesota Orchestra doing some Beethoven is great, but then so is a little Radiohead or ELO and there is always room for some Queen.

EDIT: Okay, I'll list three that come to mind right now. The list will change before the night is over though.

Queen
The Dave Brubeck Quartet
Itzhak Perlman (since doubleshuffle has me thinking violinists )

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-15-2016 at 01:26 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:51 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
His solo songs include You can call me Al, 50 Ways to leave your lover and One Trick Pony.
Not to mention Kodachrome, Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, Still Crazy After All These Years and Mother and Child Reunion.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:04 AM   #12
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Hard to limit to three, because I listen to different genres at different times. Three isn't even enough for the true gods and goddesses. Anyway:

Bob Dylan (singing himself , though I must admit his voice is down the drain now)
Thelonious Monk
Hilary Hahn

Open to change/additions.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:15 AM   #13
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Three is really impossible. Sorry, but there's more:

Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, John Coltrane

The Who, Small Faces

Rosanne Cash, Judy Collins, Lisa Hannigan, Emily Baker

Capercaillie, Clannad (before they went all New Age and mushy)

Tal Wilkenfeld

Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday

The Band

and on and on and on...

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 07-15-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:16 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Bob Dylan (singing himself , though I must admit his voice is down the drain now)
Thelonious Monk
Hilary Hahn
Good choices.

Was just listening to an older Hilary Hahn CD last night.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 AM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Yes, Hilary Hahn is amazing. I saw her in concert twice. She's one of those musicians who open up spaces you didn't know were there before.

Tags
asking alexandria, bring me the horizon, five finger death punch, music