Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 05:57 AM   #721
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi @EastEriq,
I doesent found a theme in this dir.
What say's Brucelee to this problem I dont found him posts.
What is the solution of this now?
A new version of cr3 only?
Thanks for all hints
framorg
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #722
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
For me it is just a matter of changing Screen Settings/Theme to active/disabled (in the CR settings). The new setting is applied the next time you open CR, so to see the main screen back to normal you have to exit CR, open a book and exit again.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #723
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi brucelee, why do you hardcode skin name to determine if old or new style quick menu should be shown? Some trying to change the skin to adapt it for bigger screens and are getting old 3x3 menu. Now they are going to ask you to add one more skin name to the code.
Also it looks like goto page dialog doesn't work at least on PocketBook 740:

pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #724
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One more change is desirable for bigger screens. People say that font size in Font face settings is too small and it can't be changed. Now it is hardcoded: MENU_FONT_FACE_SIZE = 36. It would be good If you could change the code to take the font size from the skin or whatever way you prefer to customize this size.

PS: I meant higher resolution not bigger screens

Last edited by pkbo; 05-15-2018 at 11:31 AM.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #725
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Newest firmware (sw_20180413_631_U_5.17_1570_gdb_pn_-sync_user.zip)
brakes resume from suspend for latest Coolreader (cr3-v0.0.6-17-62.1-pro5.zip) on Pocketbook Touch HD 2.

The display is garbled after turning on the device. It doesn't get fixed until shutting down Coolreader from system menu. This is probably because PB added optimization to resume speed in new firmware.

Also, on new firmware, it is not possible to open books with PB Reader or PDF reader anymore when extensions.cfg has entry for that filetype.

EDIT: Ok I need to get this info into github and not here.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #726
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDae View Post
Also, on new firmware, it is not possible to open books with PB Reader or PDF reader anymore when extensions.cfg has entry for that filetype.
In extensions.cfg, try eink-reader instead of fb-reader. With some firmware update, this name of the app was changed.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:52 PM   #727
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I can't get Coolreader to work on my Touch Lux 3 (626). I copied the system dir from the archive into the reader's filesystem, but in the application list there is no option to open Coolreader. Also no option in 'Open with' selection. I downloaded the archive for FW5. Is there something I'm missing?
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #728
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I can't get Coolreader to work on my Touch Lux 3 (626). I copied the system dir from the archive into the reader's filesystem, but in the application list there is no option to open Coolreader. Also no option in 'Open with' selection. I downloaded the archive for FW5. Is there something I'm missing?
Did you copy across the extension.cfg as well or amend the existing one to include the Coolreader app?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #729
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
Did you copy across the extension.cfg as well or amend the existing one to include the Coolreader app?
I did copy it. Here's what it looks like:

Code:
asp:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
epub:@EPUB_file:1:cr3-pb.app,AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICON_EPUB
fb2:@FB2_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTML
jsp:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
mht:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
txt:@Text_file:1:cr3-pb.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
Old 07-18-2018, 05:12 AM   #730
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(This particular) Coolreader will not show up in the apps list. Rather, you should notice a difference when you open an epub: Given the extensions.cfg you now have, epub files tacitly open in Coolreader instead of the default reader app.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:57 AM   #731
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
(This particular) Coolreader will not show up in the apps list. Rather, you should notice a difference when you open an epub: Given the extensions.cfg you now have, epub files tacitly open in Coolreader instead of the default reader app.
Actually, Epubs and PDFs still open in the default reader app, even after a reboot of the Pocketbook.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #732
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you try to long-hold on a book you have not previously opened on your reader in your library and, if you have an option for Coolreader, select to open with Coolreader? If you do no see the option for Coolreader, or the book refuses to open in Coolreader, then I think there is something wrong with the installation of the app.

Your extensions.cfg looks correct. My understanding is that Coolreader does not support PDFs.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 AM   #733
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
Can you try to long-hold on a book you have not previously opened on your reader in your library and, if you have an option for Coolreader, select to open with Coolreader? If you do no see the option for Coolreader, or the book refuses to open in Coolreader, then I think there is something wrong with the installation of the app.

Your extensions.cfg looks correct. My understanding is that Coolreader does not support PDFs.
I transferred a fresh book in Epub onto the internal storage, but it just opens in the stock reader, and upon long press I only have Fbreader and Adobe as options. Should I have used the install.sh script that came with Coolreader?
Old 07-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #734
mobama
Evangelist

Quote:
Actually, Epubs and PDFs still open in the default reader app, even after a reboot of the Pocketbook.
Coolreader does not open PDF files at all. It opens only file types that are assigned to it in extensions.cfg. When you rewrite extensions.cfg so that Coolreader should open a PDF file, something wicked will happen.

To be very sure:
- extensions.cfg should be located at /system/config directory
- if you find a handlers.cfg, delete it or empty it. It is a file that saves filenames that have been opened with Pocketbook default readers. Deleting this file does not affect the state of last-opened files in the home screen.

Quote:
Should I have used the install.sh script that came with Coolreader?
I remember I did...

Last edited by mobama; 07-18-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #735
church mouse
Evangelist

To install on my Touch HD, I simply downloaded the relevant zip file to my laptop. I unzipped the file then copied the relevant files across to the "system" section of my reader. Unlike Koreader, it does not go into Applications.