Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #31
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Since the days of receiving WLPL radio on the old bedsprings is long past -- we now get it through fillings in the right and left molar (better stereo that way), we also had to abandon the rhubarb daiquiris since my lady friend made them all into pies and left me here with a case of autographed cumquats.

I played the record backwards but John and George are still gone and Paul is not dead.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Since the days of receiving WLPL radio on the old bedsprings is long past -- we now get it through fillings in the right and left molar (better stereo that way), we also had to abandon the rhubarb daiquiris since my lady friend made them all into pies and left me here with a case of autographed cumquats.

I played the record backwards but John and George are still gone and Paul is not dead.
Precisely! See, the good Mister Wood knows what I'm talking about.

Can your lady friend reverse the process, as I'd kill every last person in this rhum for a rhubarb daiquiri (present company excepted of course...though that table over in the corner, the one reserved for the weekly meeting of "The Can't and the Cant of Kant Collective", attended by a team of torpid-yet-turgid emos discussing the finer points of "How to cut yourself for attention"...they'll be feeding my dogs tonight, and I don't mean "as a favour")?

It's Monday, and I'm into my third latte (pinkyfinger raised). To paraphrase Cthulhu and quote Cher, "If I could turn back time..." it would still be Sunday night. Ahh, what the hell - I can fake it. Next round of drinks...my shout.

Cheers and beers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Even though I'm provisionally part of the Eastern Standard Tribe, this whole time travel stuff still gets to me. Too bad ye pitiful mortals can only go one direction at one constant speed.
Only physically.

Psychotropically, many of us are capable of simultaneous trips to sidelong dimensions, collapsed-waveform physical echoes, and impending crested-waveform metaphysical collisions. (Of course, the trick then is to apply the sidelong dimensions and echoes into an equation that accurately predicts the result of the collision and aligns one's physical self with that result. Otherwise, you get hit by the truck.)

Pardon me... I've been driving all day.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #34
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
And was killed by a coconut that escaped from the left bane. Sure you've been driving all day, but you putt for the money. So the waveform collapsed while the staircase still remained intact for it was carpeted in faded rose petals and empty Pepsi cans -- they were out of Dr Pepper.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #35
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm. I didn't see the Dr. Pepper cans. You must have more annular hearing than mine. Fortunately, I intercepted the coconut before it did serious damage, and it now resides in approximately 10% of my rum punch. (If I add any more the punch doesn't, it just jabs and jumps around like Muhammad Ali and makes my Frasier-sense tingle, but not my mouth.)
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 04:23 AM   #36
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
why is there air?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 AM   #37
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
why is there air?
It exists to hold back the great and empty darkness. It's a dark matter, but the dark matters.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #38
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

It also keeps your lungs from collapsing. (Unless they're already filled with smoke.)
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #39
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
and finally, of course, with friends like nekokami, who always brings a frisson of "dead sexy" to the party (which is odd, since my predilections don't extend along that particular branch).
The bookish woman in the corner with the pot of Darjeeling looks up in confusion. "Eh?"

Er, when in doubt, take it as a compliment... "thanks!"

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The bookish woman in the corner with the pot of Darjeeling looks up in confusion. "Eh?"

Er, when in doubt, take it as a compliment... "thanks!"

hee... i don't know, i always pictured her as rather cute, in a geeky sort of way. but i could be mistaking her for her avatar.

sorry, what i meant was mistaking her *avatar* for *her*. i think.

i think i need a nap, actually.

edit 2: oh, and that "geeky" bit, you can take that as a compliment...

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 04-21-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: confused.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
... "dead sexy" ... (which is odd, since my predilections don't extend along that particular branch).
Necrophilia?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #42
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hee... i don't know, i always pictured her as rather cute, in a geeky sort of way. but i could be mistaking her for her avatar.

sorry, what i meant was mistaking her *avatar* for *her*. i think.

i think i need a nap, actually.

edit 2: oh, and that "geeky" bit, you can take that as a compliment...
Oh, "geeky" is always a compliment. But if you're going to confuse me with my avatar or my avatar with me, perhaps you want this avatar:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floatingNeko_cropped2.gif
Views:	334
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	12286  
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Oh, "geeky" is always a compliment. But if you're going to confuse me with my avatar or my avatar with me, perhaps you want this avatar:
thanks but i prefer your maneki neko avatar actually... i wish i had one just like it next to my monitor. want to come over and just sit on my desk all day ? i have plenty of tea... and books...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #44
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks but i prefer your maneki neko avatar actually... i wish i had one just like it next to my monitor. want to come over and just sit on my desk all day ? i have plenty of tea... and books...
Say zelda, when are we going to see your avatar?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #45
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Bookish, a corner, Darjeeling and confusion? Yes, that'll explain the attraction - it's like looking into a prism.

Cheers,
Marc (Prism, prism, on the wall, who's the hairiest of them all)

Tags
caramel, chickens, clouds of enlightenment, cockroaches, monsters, sleep, texas, unutterable silliness