Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
diomark
diomark began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
Converting amazon drm pdf ebooks to sony reader?

Any way to? I know it's drm-protected, and read a post here http://blogs.adobe.com/billmccoy/200...n_sony_re.html which spoke of the drm features not being enabled initially on the reader - will they ever be?

Has adobe's drm been cracked? (I don't mind paying amazon for the books.. but would rather read them where I want to...)
-mark
diomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
mlbspike
Enthusiast
mlbspike began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, PRS505
Haven't heard of any, but ... do a search for hypersnap microsoft reader ... interesting article (fatphil). I'd go to the affiliate Amazon points to for ebooks, Mobipocket ... more variety, and the reader has a font (Ariel Black) that is a breeze for FinerReader ... of course, most ebooks are available in Lit ... the easiest to deal with, but when you have no choice, at least there are workarounds ... windows scripting, and hypesnap can chug thru about 150 pages a minute, and Finereader 8 is pretty quick, as well.
mlbspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #3
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I ran into this tonight. Anything new on it?
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
JoeTampa
JoeTampa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The Reader does not support DRM-protected PDF's. The bad news is that short of having the publisher release a non-restricted PDF, there's not much you can do about it (anymore).

There was a utility that WOULD strip the DRM from a PDF file, however it no longer works properly. The author, a Russian, was arrested in the US on charges of violating the DMCA, so I don't expect updates. This is annoying in that there are other eBook sites that sell DRM'ed PDFs that the Connect store does not have - and there is no viable way to get those books to the Reader.
JoeTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
thebeaglebeagle
thebeaglebeagle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Personal Reader
One could conceivably write a hack that would capture a PNG of each page and recompile them into a non-DRMed PDF...
thebeaglebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert