Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
High quailty ebooks

What are some really high quality stores to buy ebooks from? I've heard mixed reviews of both kindle and sony stores.

Sorry if this is already posted I didnt see it anywhere

Edit: By high quality I mean fewer typos and bad editing than avg

Last edited by jduvall; 03-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm afraid the stores aren't the problem (they don't create the e-book) but the publishers, sorry.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Basically what Terisa said, I've bought from numerous sources and have seen bad formatting from all of them.

You could probably find more of a correlation between publishers and mistakes, Harper Collins books have been fairly decent in my experience. Problem is if you want a certain book and it's created by a certain publisher you have to put up with the mistakes.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Thanks for the input I'm still trying to figure all this ebook stuff out theres a lot to know
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Actually, in my experience with ebook publishing, most of the formatting is done by the resellers not the publishers--so you'll see differences between Fictionwise and Amazon, for example, on the same books. That can affect the appearance of the books, spacing between paragraphs, etc. As for typos and editing, that's on the publisher's head, as others have said.

When my own novel Sunborn came out, not long ago, as an official Tor ebook, I downloaded some samples to do a quality check and noticed that a typo from the hardcover had carried over, even though I'd gotten it corrected for the paperback.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert