Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #31
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Because desertgrandma is so irresistible, I have chosen to publically humiliate myself with my giant mess (somewhat better because I've been cleaning, far from finished!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	30084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	30085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	30086  
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Because desertgrandma is so irresistible, I have chosen to publically humiliate myself with my giant mess (somewhat better because I've been cleaning, far from finished!)
HEY! Is that Pilotbob you have on your desk?? Is THIS where he's been all this time?

Love all the books. and the "plate holder" you are using for your K........now keep cleaning and show us when you are finished..........(but really, I think my room was worse.....)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #33
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

That's only cause I carefully avoided taking pictures of most of the floor....

And you can't see I've not dusted in... :muffled:

The plate holder works great. I generally charge it on that. Makes me feel classy. :grins:

As to the books... I've one more short shelf and one more big shelf in the other room. If only they let me trade books in for ebooks..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #34
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've already posted these in another thread, but seeing as we're centralising the farkspace thing here...

Here's my downstairs desk, where I do most of my intehwebbing:

and here's the upstairs, where the iMac does my photo post-processing:

Prior to my new downstairs desk arriving recently, here is the dent my fat arse formed in the lounge:

(Oscar is saying "Sure, Dad, you go ahead and record your fat-arsery. Such a proud moment")

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #35
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
@Kaz.........you are so organized! Beautiful room!
I tried to tell you I was a bin freak! You should see the insides of the cabinets. All containing plastic baskets with labels. It's the elementary teacher in me, I think. When you have 26 6-year olds trying to get the upper hand, you get organized REAL QUICK!

. . .I know, I know. . .there's a 12 step program for this!!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #36
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

As to the books... I've one more short shelf and one more big shelf in the other room. If only they let me trade books in for ebooks..

Now, I want you to listen carefully, and repeat as often as needed.

"The Kindle does NOT replace my paper books.....it simply allows me to read on a different level. My paper books are tactile, and old friends. I do NOT have to get rid of them."
Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc

Beautiful rooms, Marc, to go with a beautiful soul.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #38
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Gideon, you don't know what a mess is. (And no, I am not going to post pictures. Well, maybe I'll take one of my "organization" bins later, just to contrast with Kaz. Complete with birdseed everywhere!)

DG, I would happily trade my pbooks for ebooks, and I think my pbooks would be happier, too. Right now most of them are packed in the basement because there just isn't room for them in our current house. In many cases, there are no legal ebook versions (though that is gradually changing, thankfully).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
DG, I would happily trade my pbooks for ebooks, and I think my pbooks would be happier, too. Right now most of them are packed in the basement because there just isn't room for them in our current house. In many cases, there are no legal ebook versions (though that is gradually changing, thankfully).
I'd not trade my pbooks for ebooks. What would I need to fill the lounge with then???
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Gideon, you don't know what a mess is. (And no, I am not going to post pictures. Well, maybe I'll take one of my "organization" bins later, just to contrast with Kaz. Complete with birdseed everywhere!)

Here's what you do. Run shelves about 12" from ceiling, all the way around every room, including hallway, in your home.

Problem solved.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #41
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650

This was before MR. Now, it's just surrounded by piles (of paper), boxes underneath, and most importantly.... the litter box is moved!!!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #42
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
This was before MR. Now, it's just surrounded by piles (of paper), boxes underneath, and most importantly.... the litter box is moved!!!
So........do you just sit on the cat or does he/she move?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So........do you just sit on the cat or does he/she move?
if she's like mine, you have to actually sit on her before she'll think about moving...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #44
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Well, Rebarnmom, now I know I can invite you over, you have animals too! I don't invite anyone to the house unless I ask first if they're allergic to animals. Speaking of inviting, when are we getting together?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #45
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

montsnmags - Wow! Really nice! I'm jealous! I really like the minimalist look, but I can't pull it off at all.

Desertgrandma - I love my books, but I need to be more portable. Those things are over half of what I move everytime I move (and I move a lot!)