Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
lightninga
lightninga began at the beginning.

Device: V3
Smile I love what I love, V3!

I am enthusiastic on reading books and magzines, E-Book Device is fantastic for me! After I compared the devices (hanllin V3, sony 500,505...), Hanllin V3 is my best choice! I have ordered one and it is coming to me now!
lightninga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Whoo Hoo! Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new Hanlin V3. Welcome to the fourms.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
exciting times ! be sure to let us know what you think, after you receive it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy it, Some of us are still debating wish I could buy them all!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #5
Professor
Enthusiast
Professor began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Congratulations! We have selected the same one! I have not ordered it yet, could you tell me what you think after you get it please? I'm proceeding to buy it, Hanlin V3 is perfect! We made a good choice.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm a little curious about how you can say that the V3 is "perfect" if you haven't actually used it yet?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm a little curious about how you can say that the V3 is "perfect" if you haven't actually used it yet?
Heh. I have found many of my choices/purchases to be "perfect" up until the point I start using them.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
lightninga

Professor, nice to meet you! I am waiting for my V3 now, I will share my first experience after I receive it. Cheers for our common choice! BTW, are you a real professor in a university?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
Professor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninga View Post
Professor, nice to meet you! I am waiting for my V3 now, I will share my first experience after I receive it. Cheers for our common choice! BTW, are you a real professor in a university?
I am a senior lecturer, I will be a professor probably! haha.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
lightninga

I received my Hanllin V3 today! Excited! I have tried some documents in different formats, it runs very well and the vizplex screen displays quite nice!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
Professor
Enthusiast

lightninga, have you tried PDFs on your V3? Could you tell me something about the advantages and disanvantages? Thank you!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #12
lightninga

I have tried PDFs on my Hanllin V3, it runs very fast and displays perfectly! It has a lot of advantages as many people say, the only disadvantage I discovered is about the leather cover, it is easy to be dirty, this is my own opinion. Cheers!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I wouldn't say that PDF's display perfectly on the Hanlin V3, in many cases they're very hard to read unless you switch to landscape mode which gives a much larger view. Then again, this isn't a flaw with the Hanlin, it's a flaw with PDF's which shows itself on all 6" eInk devices.

There are some PDF's that do still work well on a 6" display and the Hanlin does display those well and page flips are just as quick as any of the other formats.

PDF on the whole is a very poor format imo. Even CHM which is commonly used for windows help files would be a better alternative with reflowable text they're a lot easier to read.

Quote:
the only disadvantage I discovered is about the leather cover, it is easy to be dirty,
Better the dirt on the cover than the device Really the only issue I've had with the cover is it shipped with a very strong smell that I really didn't like. I've left the case to air for a week though and now it just has a faint smell of the material it's made with which is ok.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
lightninga

The PDFs I have tried are running very well, can you tell me why please? Maybe a good man always get a good device, and a bad man often get a bad one, haha! Just joking. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #15
Professor
Enthusiast

I have made a decision to buy a Hanlin V3, it is the best one for me. Hanlin V3 has the highest performance-price ratio, I'm going order one.

Tags
duck!