Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Launch Calibre on Linux Reboot

Any idea on how to launch Calibre on Linux reboot?

I tried adding @reboot calibre --detach in my crontab but calibre doesn't launch so that didn't work.

Thanks
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant launch graphical programs from cron, as cron does not inherit the X environment. You want to start the calibre GUI on reboot you should add it to the startup programs settings of whatever desktop environment you are using.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you.

So I did add it to the startup programs in Ubuntu Unity and it started, but it launches with the app open. Anyway to launch it minimized in Linux? I put the command /usr/bin/calibre --start-in-tray and it launched on reboot, but not minimized.
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to also enable the system tray icon in Preferences->Look & Feel

However that will start in the system tray. If you want to start minimized, you have to use whatever facilities your window manager provides for starting minmized, for example, on KDE one would use kstart -- no idea what the equivalent on unity is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote