Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sick USB Connector

Thought my Sony 505 battery was shot but now it looks like the USB connector may be the guilty party.

A few weeks ago my Reader went from four bars to one all at once. So I recharged it with the AC adapter but withing a day I got the low battery warning. So, I recharged it again with the AC adapter and this time it held the charge like normal.

Then yesterday, I loaded a new book on it via the USB cable and, this morning, I noticed I'd gone from four to two (and quickly one) bars. So, I tested it and, sure enough, when I plug in the USB connector it rapidly drains the battery.

Anyone else have this problem? And, do you think buying a new USB connector would solve it?

And it's just a coincidence that I discovered all this just before Sony releases their new T1 Reader. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
kineza
kineza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
hi cassidym, if you can still charge and connect your ereader to your computer then the usb socket is doing its job. Seems like your battery is not holding charge/draining too quickly, I think you were right with your first diagnosis.
kineza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineza View Post
hi cassidym, if you can still charge and connect your ereader to your computer then the usb socket is doing its job. Seems like your battery is not holding charge/draining too quickly, I think you were right with your first diagnosis.
The 505 doesn't use the USB socket for recharging with AC adapter, it has a separate dedicated mini-barrel connector socket...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
kineza
kineza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
The 505 doesn't use the USB socket for recharging with AC adapter, it has a separate dedicated mini-barrel connector socket...
my bad
kineza is offline   Reply With Quote