Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Can we please have seperate forums for each Nook device?

Please?
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
why? the prefix works fine. There aren't separate forums for the kindle first second third generation and separate Kindle DX first second third gens. and same with all the different models of sony's etc.

besides some of these questions overlap each device.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Do I really have to explain the benefits of organization?
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
Do I really have to explain the benefits of organization?

I hear what you are saying but if they have separate forums everytime a new model comes out, then this forum would be way too cluttered and that would be unorganzied.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
One of the moderators mentioned the prefix "Touch" being available soon.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
why? the prefix works fine. There aren't separate forums for the kindle first second third generation and separate Kindle DX first second third gens. and same with all the different models of sony's etc.
Actually you can choose different model designators in the Sony forum. Many people just choose not to use them. I think it's a good idea to add the Touch designation.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
There's considerably more difference between the original nook and the color nook than between the first Kindle made and the newest version.

Quote:
This, however, is why I agree with you. Plus, there's not all that much traffic anyway, so it's not worth bothering to split it even further.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
One of the moderators mentioned the prefix "Touch" being available soon.
Does it come with a theme song? I hope, I hope

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does it come with a theme song? I hope, I hope

<snip>
Darn, too late. The prefix is done and up.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Darn, too late. The prefix is done and up.
I saw that. Oh well, at least I can play it on the other Nook with a touch screen.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #11
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
The prefixes seem adequate and actually get used pretty consistently. And of course, things will quiet down when B&N isn't releasing any new toys. Then again, they've done well at staying on the gadget-o-sphere's radar ever since the Color's initial release.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
To me the board is cluttered and I have no interest in reading posts that are not relevant to the Nook Color. Having to wade through 2 screens to check for new posts makes it a PITA.

I find I now only go primarily to the Nook Developers thread.

More relevant info on the color is available on XDA board which I find I have gravitated to from this forum.

I recognize that this is just my opinion and may not be shared by the majority and can live with that. If a majority of Nook Color feel as I do and start moving away and contributing to the forum then it will be a loss for the board.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
To me the board is cluttered and I have no interest in reading posts that are not relevant to the Nook Color. Having to wade through 2 screens to check for new posts makes it a PITA. <snip>
Have you tried using the filter to bring up only the Threads with the prefix "Color"? Just click on the arrow next to prefix, choose which prefix set to bring up, and click search. You will have pages containing only threads prefixed with "Color", or "Touch", or "Classic", whichever prefix you chose.

click to enlarge --> Click image for larger version

Name:	search.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	72266
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I actually didn't know that even existed....thanks for the tip dreams!

It's not a big deal to view them, as I'm interested in all things Nook, but that's a good tool!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #15
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
More relevant info on the color is available on XDA board which I find I have gravitated to from this forum.

I recognize that this is just my opinion and may not be shared by the majority and can live with that. If a majority of Nook Color feel as I do and start moving away and contributing to the forum then it will be a loss for the board.
I have to disagree. The divide comes from the hybrid nature of the Nook Color; as a B&N product, it will generate discussion about or involving e-reading which decidedly does belong here, but as a darling device of Android hackers, it also generates a lot of discussion with no relevance whatsoever to e-reading. If those with a deeper interest in the Android side of things rely more heavily on XDA for that discussion, it's probably a service both to those individuals and this board.

Mobileread is a much better forum for discussion of the NC as a B&N product and a reading device. That aspect of the NC is relegated almost solely to the occasional "What's the best reader app" thread on XDA. These discussions are actually facilitated by taking place in a general "B&N Devices" board, with cross-chatter between topics, more variety in the user-base, and more focus on reading.

If you have technical questions about the NC, ask them at XDA. If you just want to kibbutz with other book/gadget-lovers, branch out beyond the device forums here at MR.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote