Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Annoyances with koboereader.com website

Folks

I"m annoyed with the lack of technical information on the http://koboereader.com website.

1) There is no information on what the current firmware version that is available for download and nothing that tells you how you can install it. I had to ask a friend who told me I had to run the desktop sync app which would automatically do the upgrade. So now I'm on 1.9.

2) Supposedly this mobileread.com website is the semi official support forum. Nothing on the koboereader.com website which indicates this. Now don't get me wrong. This forum looks like it has a lot of reasonably competent activity but why not put a link on the main website? When doing searches it can be hard to determine which is a good forum to poke about in to try to find decent answers.

Note that I really like the Kobo ereader and use it a lot. It'll be interesting to see the battery life over many charge/discharge cycles.

Tony
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
1) You should occasionally sync your Kobo even if you don't use the Desktop app. You might miss a big update, or one of the many smaller ones.

2) Mobileread is not connected to Koboereader.com . Though some members are employees of Kobo, the kobo support forum is here.

You'll find pretty much anything you need to know about Kobo's or any other readers.

Welcome to MobileRead.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
So stupid question. How do I know http://kobo.zendesk.com/forums is the official Kobo online forum? There's no link that I can see from http://koboereader.com/cad/help/.

(Well, I do see a link regarding purchasing a Kobo from Indigo on that page to zendesk.com.)

Nevertheless I'll go whine on that forum. smile. If I can be bothered to setup yet another account on another forum site somewhere. NNTP was so much nicer.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Zendesk one is OK, but MobileRead might be more helpful.

Last edited by The Terminator; 05-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote