Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
New Calendar App for Kindle

New in Kindle Store....Calendar Pro for Kindle. $0.99. Finally, an excellent calendar, day planner! I just downloaded it and it is easy to use, visually intuitive, and comprehensive. Check it out!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It's a step up from only using this as one of my screensavers:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 Calendar.PNG
Views:	899
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	70703  
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
New in Kindle Store....Calendar Pro for Kindle. $0.99. Finally, an excellent calendar, day planner! I just downloaded it and it is easy to use, visually intuitive, and comprehensive. Check it out!
Thank you for mentioning it!

This is just the first version of the app

If you have feedback, comments or feature requests, don't hesitate to post here, PM or comment here.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Since I don't see a link for it

http://www.amazon.com/Calendar-Pro/dp/B004Q7GWYG/

Only for convenience - I have not purchased it myself as of yet.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Looks good. I bought a copy and I'm sure it will be very helpful in keeping appointments sorted. It took me a few minutes to work out the buttons (to save the changes to time etc.when setting an event) but overall it is very easy to use. I was even able to note down the eye exam I have next January so it's not limited to just one year of usefulness it seems. Well worth the .99 I spent on it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
aerodynamik
Enthusiast
aerodynamik doesn't litteraerodynamik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Any way to sync it with Outlook?
aerodynamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
If you have feedback, comments or feature requests, don't hesitate to post here, PM or comment here.
BK- Really enjoying this app. After using for 2 days, I see a couple of features that I would find useful in future versions.... instead of the 'month' view which seems redundant since the 'year' view is so good, why not a 'week' view? Something similar in appearance to the 'day' view with the seven days of the week listed from top to bottom and in each section a list of event titles for that day with their times?
If you keep the 'month' view in future versions, something other than a dot to indicate an event would be helpful (bold face?, shading like 'year' view?), the dot does not stand out enough visually.
Also, I agree that a comprehensive 'recurring' event option would be nice... weekly or monthly/yearly on same date, etc.
Otherwise, this is pretty much what I was looking for...simple and intuitive. Thanks!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
If you keep the 'month' view in future versions, something other than a dot to indicate an event would be helpful (bold face?, shading like 'year' view?), the dot does not stand out enough visually.
I agree with this. I would like to see events in month view indicated with shading instead of the dot, like it is in year view.

Quote:
Also, I agree that a comprehensive 'recurring' event option would be nice... weekly or monthly/yearly on same date, etc.
I agree. Recurring events would be very helpful!

Other than those two feature improvements, I'm very satisfied with Calendar Pro. Good job, Blog Kindle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
This is just the first version of the app.
Are you currently working on enhancements that will be available to current Calendar Pro users? Will updated versions be made available automatically through Amazon?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
Another feature request

I've just downloaded it and started adding stuff. Looks very useful. I'll second the request for a "week" view showing at least some details for each entry.

One thing that would make it more useful, for me anyway, is for a way to navigate from day to day while in "day" view mode. Another handy feature, though less important to me, is a "go to date" function where you can put in a specific date to go to.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loximuthal View Post
One thing that would make it more useful, for me anyway, is for a way to navigate from day to day while in "day" view mode.
I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to accomplish, but you can move from day to day while in "day" view by pressing the page-back (previous page) and page-forward (next page) buttons on the side of the Kindle.

And if you press Menu and then select "Help" while in day view, you'll see there are a few other navigation shortcuts that work in that view:

Alt + Next Page = Go to next week
Alt + Previous Page = Go to previous week
Shift + Next Page = Go to next month
Shift + Previous Page = Go to previous month

Quote:
Another handy feature, though less important to me, is a "go to date" function where you can put in a specific date to go to.
That might be a nice feature, especially for dates well in the future. You can use the monthly view calendar to get to a date quickly. Just bring up the monthly view (the shortcut to get to monthly view from anywhere in Calendar Pro is to press the letter "M"), then position the cursor on that date and press the center button on the 5-way controller. It'll take you to that date's daily view.

When you're in month view, go to Menu and select "Help". There are shortcuts shown there to move from month to month, next/previous quarter, and next/previous year.

There are similar shortcuts when in year view: next/previous year, jump in 3-year increments, and go to next/previous decade. The shortcuts are shown in "Help" when in year view.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 05-01-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to accomplish, but you can move from day to day while in "day" view by pressing the page-back (previous page) and page-forward (next page) buttons on the side of the Kindle.

And if you press Menu and then select "Help" while in day view, you'll see there are a few other navigation shortcuts that work in that view:

Alt + Next Page = Go to next week
Alt + Previous Page = Go to previous week
Shift + Next Page = Go to next month
Shift + Previous Page = Go to previous month
That would be it exactly. I don't know why I didn't try those keys before.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loximuthal View Post
That would be it exactly. I don't know why I didn't try those keys before.
I'm still learning Calendar Pro navigation and shortcuts too! You may already know these, but you can type one letter to get to different views quickly:

D - Day View
T - Today View
M - Month View
Y - Year View
A - Agenda View
C - Create Event

Once those are memorized, it's very quick to move around. Pressing Menu brings up those selections too.

I've also been using the Year view to navigate to a specific date in another month. Once in year view, move the cursor down until the month is highlighted and select using the center button in the 5-way controller. That takes you to month view. Then you can select the date from there.

Agenda view is very helpful when you want an overview of all events or when you're not sure when an event is scheduled.

This is a very helpful app!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Thank you all for your feedback and your high regard for the app.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and reviews on amazon and will definitely keep all of it in mind and try to address issues that come up in the future.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Len666
Enthusiast
Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Len666 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3W
Can't download. What am I doing wrong?

Hi folks,

When I visit the Kindle store and search for Calender Pro, there is no sign of the Calander Pro App.
When I use my pc to log in to my Amazon account the Calender Pro page says: "not currently available". How did you people get hold of this nice app.?
Does it have something to do with my being not inside the USA?

Any thoughts, besides me practicing my patience?

Thanks for your time.
Len.
Len666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len666 View Post
Hi folks,

When I visit the Kindle store and search for Calender Pro, there is no sign of the Calander Pro App.
When I use my pc to log in to my Amazon account the Calender Pro page says: "not currently available". How did you people get hold of this nice app.?
Does it have something to do with my being not inside the USA?

Any thoughts, besides me practicing my patience?

Thanks for your time.
Len.
Unfortunately, like some other Kindle apps, such as chess and Scrabble, Calendar Pro is only available to those with U.S. accounts. I`m not sure why this is. I changed my address to a U.S. one to get chess and Scrabble, but I`ll wait until the next version of Calendar Pro -- at least until there is a "week" view.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote