Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #121
rafikius
Enthusiast
rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So sometimes you have to think of searching for 'error 3' in the search box yourself.
Well... If U have enough time to plode throu 128 topic that are returned by from "error 3" search... good for U.
There were few users who tried to give me a hand.. seems they didn't know about the issue, either.

I believe such a vital piece of info shall be placed as a sticky in the topic.

As to photos size: Google Photos are really pain in ... no control over the photo size via the link..
I'm sorry for breaking the rules.. I'll have to find another photo storage service.
rafikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #122
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You have been here as long as the kindlet jail break keys have been named MKK.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #123
rafikius
Enthusiast
rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rafikius , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K3 3G
Quote:
You have been here as long as the kindlet jail break keys have been named MKK.
Chief! Have u ever read the rethoric part od Shoppenhauer output?
A bit of sticking to the substance of fact,please.
U accused me of not searching. I proved I had done it and expressed my opinion about it.
U neithe concern to it & nor subdued your horses not to pinch me from another side.
U answered twice with no real advice, but u didnt bother to give a hand when I needed it.
I start to believe forum script should also have a feature to subtract karama.

EOT IMHO
rafikius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:28 AM   #124
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafikius View Post
Chief! Have u ever read the rethoric part od Shoppenhauer output?
A bit of sticking to the substance of fact,please.
U accused me of not searching. I proved I had done it and expressed my opinion about it.
U neithe concern to it & nor subdued your horses not to pinch me from another side.
U answered twice with no real advice, but u didnt bother to give a hand when I needed it.
I start to believe forum script should also have a feature to subtract karama.

EOT IMHO
Nice reply.

Don't take things personally,
I was accusing the person who first answered your question of not searching before giving you the wrong information.

Might have been hard to tell that, since I did not quote what I was responding too.

Last edited by knc1; 10-27-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #125
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
I was accusing the person who first answered your question of not searching before giving you the wrong information.

Last edited by encol; 10-27-2016 at 11:10 AM.
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #126
knc1
Going Viral

I honestly do not know who I had in mind when I wrote the above.

But I am certain I did not mean any offense.

And sometimes, like this time, I do use the "Display all posts by ..." feature to get an idea of the nature of things that cause the poster problems.

And I sometimes get complaints of:
*) Your answer was too technical in nature - I don't understand any of that.
*) Your answer was too simplified - I know most of that already.
And on one of my really bad days, both from the same person.

Last edited by knc1; 10-27-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #127
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
I honestly do not know who I had in mind when I wrote the above.

But I am certain I did not mean any offense.
Don't worry, i don't feel offended
However, i haven't provided any wrong information, i only asked a question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
have you followed this instructions?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral

I see now what I had in mind -
The directions are out of date about the developer key package to install.
It got re-packaged as MKK (just a name and package change, IIRC).
Old 06-02-2022, 10:38 PM   #129
b0baganush
b0baganush began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G (K3G)
I recently upgraded my Kindle and wanted to re-purpose my old Kindle 3G as a notebook. I ran through the steps to jailbreak the device and I had no issues but when I tried to install KindleNotes I am not able to get the program to work.

I have followed all of the steps listed on the forum post:
-installing the jailbreak - no issues
-adding update_dev-key string to the whitelist file
-copying the application file into the documents folder
-copying the correct update file into the root directory

Now when I disconnect the device from my computer and navigate to the update option it is grayed out and I cannot select it. If I select Restart the device begins it's reboot process but then I end up getting the following message:

The update was not successful. To resume using your Kindle, press the (R) key on your keyboard. UPDATE ERROR: 3

I press (R) and the device boots back to the main screen. If I select the KindleNote application then I receive a message stating that the device is not registered as a Test Kindle.
Looking through the thread on the install walk through, there was another user on page 3 post #39 who had the exact same issue but then posts right after that saying that they fixed it because they didn't extract the desired files???

Has anyone else run into this issue or does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Are there any other note taking programs that I could install instead? My searches don't seem to bring anything else up. Thanks for any help
b0baganush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:20 PM   #130
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
This works great on a K3(KB) but on K4NT because there is no sym key it is impossible to change lang to english.. does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote