Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #121
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool i'll not be much help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
Alan and AkumaTakeshi,

Firstly, sorry for not responding on time. I had some trouble in my job... It's good that alan found a workaround (?) while I'm not here.

However, as a developer, I want to find a real cause of a problem.

And, now I believe I pinned the issue that Alan had. It is related to a Windows behaviour (that I didn't know) regarding file association management when a user changed the applications' default manually through GUI.

I also believe AkumaTakeshi is having exactly the same issue (through the report attached to the message #110. I previously didn't understand where to look at.

I'm now writing a workaround code. Please wait for a while.

-- alissa
sorry that i can no longer help with this issue, but the problematic computer (an hp laptop) won't stay running long enough to test anything. i was lucky to have just backed up my C:\Users\ or i would have had an awful time moving to the replacement computer.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #122
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
I uploaded a workaround version of MobiHandler, mobihandler-1-1-1268-setup.msi, on SkyDrive. Those who have problems seeing cover images of .azw, .mobi and/or .prc files, please try this version, especially if you are on Windows Vista/7, have two or more application programs to view .azw/.mobi/.prc files, and have manually switched the default application for those file types.

The MobiHandler program itself is unchanged from the version 1.1.1266; only the installer is chaned.

As always, you need to uninstall an older version of MobiHandler manually before installing a new version. Also, you may need to uninstall/reinstall MobiHandler if you switch the default application for .azw/.mobi/.prc files after installing MobiHandler.

I want to hear from you this 1.1.1268 solved your problem.

-- Alissa

Last edited by Alissa; 08-04-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #123
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool good luck

Quote:
I uploaded a workaround version of MobiHandler, mobihandler-1-1-1268-setup.msi, on SkyDrive. Those who have problems seeing cover images of .azw, .mobi and/or .prc files, please try this version, especially if you are on Windows Vista/7, have two or more application programs to view .azw/.mobi/.prc files, and have manually switched the default application for those file types.

The MobiHandler program itself is unchanged from the version 1.1.1266; only the installer is chaned.

As always, you need to uninstall an older version of MobiHandler manually before installing a new version. Also, you may need to uninstall/reinstall MobiHandler if you switch the default application for .azw/.mobi/.prc files after installing MobiHandler.

I want to hear from you this 1.1.1268 solved your problem.

-- Alissa
good luck

p.s. should i switch versions?

Last edited by alansplace; 08-03-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: to add a thought
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #124
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I don't have Windows 7 but I can say the new version fixed my problem with mobi files.

I have Vista 64 and now my mobi files shows covers and the missing mobi tab is now shown correctly!

I have my mobi files set to open up in Mobipocket Reader. It even works with my Dropbox folder now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #125
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Yeah, I can confirm too that now it works absolutely fine as far as I can see

Thanks for the program and the workaround ^^.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #126
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Blossom and AkumaTakeshi for testing. I'm happy to be sure the registry settings that 1.1.1268 added solved the issue. Now I need to find a clean way to set them. (At this moment, the installer code is somewhat messy; it is only a quick workaround...)

Alan (and possibly others), you don't need to try version 1.1.1268 unless you experience "no cover" issues.

To be sure, I appreciate Alan very much. You did a lot of testing patiently. I wouldn't find the point added in 1.1.1268 without your cooperation. I noticed it by comparing two reports you provided and comparing the differences against AkumaTakeshi's report and my own to sive which registry entries are common to all failing cases but not to all successful cases. I'm sorry I took too long to reach the solution and didn't make it on time.

-- Alissa
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #127
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

YW

Quote:
Thank you, Blossom and AkumaTakeshi for testing. I'm happy to be sure the registry settings that 1.1.1268 added solved the issue. Now I need to find a clean way to set them. (At this moment, the installer code is somewhat messy; it is only a quick workaround...)

Alan (and possibly others), you don't need to try version 1.1.1268 unless you experience "no cover" issues.

To be sure, I appreciate Alan very much. You did a lot of testing patiently. I wouldn't find the point added in 1.1.1268 without your cooperation. I noticed it by comparing two reports you provided and comparing the differences against AkumaTakeshi's report and my own to sive which registry entries are common to all failing cases but not to all successful cases. I'm sorry I took too long to reach the solution and didn't make it on time.

-- Alissa
ok then, i'll wait for the mainline revision. you're very welcome, i was glad i could help.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #128
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool kinda' hard to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
ok then, i'll wait for the mainline revision. you're very welcome, i was glad i could help.
i know that this is kinda' hard to believe, but my new system quit displaying the cover graphics. so i cleared the cache uninstalled 1266 and installed 1268. yep, it worked!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #129
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Every since I installed Kindle4PC 1.7 the Handler no longer works on AZW files at all. It still works great on Mobi files though.

Anyone else with this problem?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #130
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Every since I installed Kindle4PC 1.7 the Handler no longer works on AZW files at all. It still works great on Mobi files though.

Anyone else with this problem?
i've refrained from installing 1.7 till i heard enough good reports, this isn't one of the 'good' reports.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #131
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
i've refrained from installing 1.7 till i heard enough good reports, this isn't one of the 'good' reports.
It works fine and is stable enough and the Tools work fine with it, but Alissa's Handler no longer works for some reason. I tried reinstalling but no such luck.

1.6.0 was too laggy for me but 1.7 fixed that.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #132
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool 1.6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It works fine and is stable enough and the Tools work fine with it, but Alissa's Handler no longer works for some reason. I tried reinstalling but no such luck.

1.6.0 was too laggy for me but 1.7 fixed that.
yeah, but you appear to have skipped 1.6.1.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #133
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
yeah, but you appear to have skipped 1.6.1.
Because it wouldn't install I did skip that version.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #134
Alissa
Connoisseur

Sorry to be late.

I have no problem using K4PC 1.7.1 with my latest MobiHandler. I set up a new Windows installation, downloaded and installed K4PC 1.7.1, and examined what it installed. I found no significant changes from K4PC 1.5.0. I see no reason K4PC 1.7.1 is incompatible with MobiHandler...

I recommend the following steps to try the following steps.
  1. Uninstall the MobiHandler.
  2. Install K4PC again (you don't need to uninstall K4PC.)
  3. (Adjust the default application for *.azw/*.mobi manually, if you prefer to do so).
  4. Install the MobiHandler.

And please wait for a while to start the above steps. I'm soon (within hours) uploading the latest version (1.1.1271)...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #135
Alissa
Connoisseur

So, the new version, 1.1.1271, of MobiHandler is ready. It is on my skydrive page as always. Please download mobihandler-1-1-1271-setup.msi

Have fun!