Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
glnagrom
glnagrom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
merging libraries

I have merged libraries before with calibre by saving one library to disk and using the add books to import them into the other library. In the past covers and metadata have imported in very nicely. However, I can no longer make it happen for love nor money. The metadata and covers are not importing back in. I should note--it does work one book at a time, but I have hundreds. I also just upgraded to 7.46--could this be the issue?

P.S. I have a file of over 7000 titles that I merged last week, covers and all in one operation. I know it CAN be done.

GL
glnagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click and use Copy to library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert