Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
Yup, it is a reader, not a fashion accessory. When being used, if it is done right it should vanish as far as the reader is concerned. If it can do that, it is fine.

Having said that, if it looked "cool" (whatever THAT is) they might increase sales among those shallow folks who think it IS a fashion accessory. <g>
Wow, bring up a thread almost a year to the day since the last comment
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #17
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'd agree that the Kindle is really picked up by the slightly older crowd. The youngsters are probably on iPhones and iPods using audiobooks instead of print.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
coolcat1901
coolcat1901 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I'd agree that the Kindle is really picked up by the slightly older crowd. The youngsters are probably on iPhones and iPods using audiobooks instead of print.
Reading will probably never be cool for the younger crowd, especially with technology always advancing. I would think all books/ereaders/etc... would be more for the 30+ crowd on average.
coolcat1901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat1901 View Post
Reading will probably never be cool for the younger crowd, especially with technology always advancing. I would think all books/ereaders/etc... would be more for the 30+ crowd on average.
Actually, my sister is twelve and a lot of the girls her age are reading. They're doing a good job coming out with teen girl books. I don't care if it's crap they are reading, as long as they are reading They even have a book club (and yes, they are the "cool" kids)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote