Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
poulsej
poulsej began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
SafariBooks To Go Offline format

I was searching for a way to convert my offline books stored by SafariBooks To Go (on android) into epub format so I can read on my Kobo. Has anyone managed it? The books are in an open html format with multiple files for sections and chapters.
Thanks
poulsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #3
poulsej
poulsej began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Many thanks. I tried your suggestion but I'm not sure how much I need to convert. I think I could extract the information from the metadata file. I've attached a file listing and the metadata file which I've renamed as metadata,txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt files.txt (9.1 KB, 87 views)
File Type: txt metadata.txt (30.7 KB, 107 views)
poulsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid I dont have the time/interest to write a tool to decode that file, but since it seems to be a fairly simple XML file, it should not be hard to do.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote