Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #481
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
The bridge appears to have operated as expected (as already known), and the actual jailbreak appeared to function completely as expected on my non-jailbroken Paperwhite. However, I am not 100% confident of the latter, as that device was jailbroken in the past, so you will want a more competent helper or a brave soul with a factory-fresh Kindle.
Some of the earlier Kpw Amazon images are "complete" firmware replacements.
  1. Get one of those -
  2. Install it per Amazon directions (a downgrade, but the image doesn't detect that) -
  3. Use the Amazon updates to "upgrade" to 5.3.5 -
  4. Now it is "factory clean" -
  5. If anything fails, just return to step 2 above.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #482
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Some of the earlier Kpw Amazon images are "complete" firmware replacements.
  1. Get one of those -
  2. Install it per Amazon directions (a downgrade, but the image doesn't detect that) -
  3. Use the Amazon updates to "upgrade" to 5.3.5 -
  4. Now it is "factory clean" -
  5. If anything fails, just return to step 2 above.
[1. Complete "back-out" of all installed custom software] + 2. factory reset [+ 3. firmware downgrade]. Step 1 optional, not necessary if firmware is downgraded properly. Step 3, "nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure option" is best. But non-optional step 2, factory reset, that's a showstopper. I can't (for political reasons, meaning I share this Kindle with other people) clear all content.
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #483
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If I installed 5.3.5 on my already jailbroken Kindle, will it remove the jailbreak?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #484
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
If I installed 5.3.5 on my already jailbroken Kindle, will it remove the jailbreak?
No, but Collections Manager is likely broken, and JBPatch is broken.

Unless you didn't keep JBBridge installed. But it looks like the jailbreak method itself still works, so you can jailbreak again if necessary.

Last edited by mallums; 04-25-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: clarified post, corrected typo
Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #485
mallums
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanog View Post
Info about 5.3.5

Jailbreak seems ok install without error.
Kindlet ok install without error
Collections manager start but nothing listed
JBPatch installed without error, but just the framework working, the patches are not compatible.
Does this mean CM works but is wiped? Does this imply previously installed CM still works, but won't install new? Or, are CM and JBPatch unrelated?

I'm having a 40-something moment.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #486
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
Does this mean CM works but is wiped? Does this imply previously installed CM still works, but won't install new? Or, are CM and JBPatch unrelated?

I'm having a 40-something moment.
Both CM and JBPatch do not work on 5.3.5. They are unrelated, but both of them access some internal Kindle classes. And Amazon/Lab126 seem to absolutely love to obfuscate things again and again with every new firmware release. It's totally pointless, but it requires me to invest dozens of hours of stupid and boring work for every new firmware.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #487
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just updated to 5.3.5 and now when I open Kindle Launcher it says Kindlet Jailbreak not installed and the screensavers hack has been removed.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #488
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Can anyone please post a statement about whether or not the jailbreak works on 5.3.5? ("works" as in "installs correctly, i.e., can jailbreak a non-jailbroken device", not as in "survives the update from a previously jailbroken version" - the latter is old news).

Thanks!
When I updated to 5.3.5, the jailbreak got deleted. So, I had to install it again and I can say that the jailbreak works on FW 5.3.5.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #489
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I'm using this Back Door Lock

Stops the guy in the Amazon punishment cell from breaking my Kindle

Last edited by piperclassique; 04-28-2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Fixed the link
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #490
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Packagers

All Packagers of this forum!!

Don't forget to add B020 kindle devices when creating .bin files!
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #491
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdapaz View Post
All Packagers of this forum!!

Don't forget to add B020 kindle devices when creating .bin files!
We probably will for new releases. In the mean time, you can repackage them yourself by downloading kindletool and extracting, then repacking the .bins.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #492
simplicity787
simplicity787 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paper White
How to Install Playstore on Kindle Paperwhite?

Sorry if i will raise a noob question.

How to use google play on my PW? Please help me guys...

TIA. more power!!!
simplicity787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #493
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity787 View Post
Sorry if i will raise a noob question.

How to use google play on my PW? Please help me guys...

TIA. more power!!!

The Paperwhite is not running Android. You can't use Android applications on E-ink Kindles.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #494
Gazella
Wizard

Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak (5.2.0 - 5.3.1, 5.3.4)

Of course not.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #495
Gazella
Wizard

Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak (5.2.0 - 5.3.1, 5.3.4)