Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
PocketEdge will no longer charge

My beloved PE seems to have bitten the dust. At first I thought my socket was on the fritz, then I thought the charger was on the fritz, and then I noticed that the little pin that normally lives in the plug was missing. Apparently the PE's contact pin for the charger broke off and now I can't charge it. Has anyone else experienced this, or have suggestions for a fix? Otherwise I'll have to send it to the PE graveyard and buy a Nook Glo.
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
If you do a little searching in this forum you will find several threads about your problem and how to fix it.

There should be one that gives the part number for a replacement socket.

Any repair that you decide to undertake will require you to open the case of the PE and do some soldering.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Chatti Patti
Chatti Patti began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I am having the same problem. I searched the forum and cannot find a thread about this problem.
Chatti Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Here's one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146609

That's the only one I found in a quick search, but I think it's the one with all the good info.

Last edited by Filark; 09-12-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Chatti Patti

Thanks Filark.
A friend fixed the problem; however, now there is a little "ribbon" type part which came disconnected. Does anyone know how this ribbon can be re-attached? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatti Patti View Post
Thanks Filark.
A friend fixed the problem; however, now there is a little "ribbon" type part which came disconnected. Does anyone know how this ribbon can be re-attached? Thanks.
The obvious question is, what ribbon?

If it is a ribbon cable with what appears as a strip of connectors across the end, there will be a socket that it fits into - there may be a locking collar on the socket that needs to be gently lifted before the cable is plugged in and then returned to lock position after.

If necessary you could take photos of the ribbon and associated area then post them to enable us to see what you are talking about.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatti Patti View Post
Thanks Filark.

Maybe this will help:

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...Pocket%20eDGe/

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
Chatti Patti

Thanks everyone. Just had to lift the locking collar to insert the ribbon. Now, a new problem. When putting it back together, the volume control is loose and seems like it should be attached to something. Probably some little piece got broken, so he is working on that now. By the way, he used the bottom of a push pin, and it worked great. The photobucket pics are great.