Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Goofy titles in pdf metadata...

Just got done reading up on creating metadata for rtf files, and adjusted all my rtf files, and now I'm turning my attention to some pdf files I have.

To start with I should mention that not all my pdfs are this goofy, just the ones for phillip k. dick, and robert heinlein. Don't recall where I picked them up, though I do remember buying them off of some online store.

Here's the problem: when I imported the files to eLibrary, it automatically populated the metadata for the files Titles, and most of them turned out correctly. But on some of them the Title was listed as "file:C/..." basically it turned the directory address of the file into the title.

I have tried importing them individually, as well as in bulk and end up with the same problem on the same files. Any idea's what might be going on? Any fixes?
TheDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The files in question don't have the required metadata so the library software will substitute defaults. There should be plenty of tools that allow you to edit metadata in a PDFs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
TheDragonMaster
TheDragonMaster began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Thank you for the help. I found some software online and made the changes. Now they turn up fine. Guess with all the other trouble I'm having with the unit I was a little paranoid that this might be connected with that.
TheDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
One that I use has the obvious name of PDFMetaEdit
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote