Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #1
qtw
qtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue T61D
Chrome/Chromium-based browsers for Android e-Ink devices(Android 4.1+)

I like to use Chrome because it is simple,fast and always latest, even if on my Android eReader Boyue T61. Months ago, I finally found a way to inject custom CSS to webpage and make all the webpage become e-Ink friendly in Chrome.
I want to share the mod APKs and some skills. Anybody like this?

Come with a appetizer first:
Ecosia Browser 3.1.4
Compatibility: Android 4.1+
Features:
Based on Chromium 59.0.3071.135
Custom CSS
Disable smooth scrolling
Enable gpu rasterization
Launch with single-process mode

How to install?
Requirement:
Root access
Root explorer
common sense

1.Install as system app
2.Patch Android via Lucky Patcher and install in normal way

Download:Google Drive

Enjoy and use it at your own risk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yabrowser.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	162217   Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	162218  

Last edited by qtw; 03-09-2018 at 10:55 PM.
qtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:09 AM   #2
qtw
qtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the rough

Screenshots
Ecosia Browser 3.1.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-03-09-14-48-56.png
Views:	608
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	162711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-03-09-14-54-41.png
Views:	652
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	162712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-03-09-14-56-29.png
Views:	632
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	162713  

Last edited by qtw; 03-09-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 03:13 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
So you found a way to inject custom CSS to webpage and make all the webpage become e-Ink friendly in Chrome. What's the procedure?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtw View Post
I like to use Chrome because it is simple,fast and always latest, even if on my Android eReader Boyue T61. Months ago, I finally found a way to inject custom CSS to webpage and make all the webpage become e-Ink friendly in Chrome.
I want to share the mod APKs and some skills. Anybody like this?
LIKE! Video please!
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #5
qtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
LIKE! Video please!
Sorry, I am lazy. So don't look forward to the video. I upload Ecosia Browser 3.1.4 e-ink mod, try it by yourself. Hopefully it will help you.
Advert
Old 04-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Link is dead. Can you reload it?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #7
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
I wonder if it'd be possible to just edit the Chromium source code directly (after downloading), inject custom CSS (or as a Chrome extension?), change some accent colours if needed or wanted, optionally run Ungoogled Chromium scripts, compile, and put it in a custom F-Droid repository? Or modify something else like the official Google Chrome, or LineageOS web browser?

I know that F-Droid offers a "Fennec F-Droid" that is based on Firefox and just has some of the Mozilla annoyances removed, like Pocket integration (at least it was an annoyance to me).
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardOrMayo View Post
I wonder if it'd be possible to just edit the Chromium source code directly (after downloading), inject custom CSS (or as a Chrome extension?), change some accent colours if needed or wanted, optionally run Ungoogled Chromium scripts, compile, and put it in a custom F-Droid repository? Or modify something else like the official Google Chrome, or LineageOS web browser?

I know that F-Droid offers a "Fennec F-Droid" that is based on Firefox and just has some of the Mozilla annoyances removed, like Pocket integration (at least it was an annoyance to me).
Hey Mustard!

Please check https://www.bromite.org/. You can build it from source, but it will take you a few hours/days.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote