Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #346
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
That's about what I had in mind. The second option is closer. Ideally every book is in a couple weeks collection and no collection has less than 2 books.
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #347
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I run KV 5.9.4 jailbroken. Collections generated from folders using the most recent librariansync and python from here.

Problem: all collections appear fine if sorted by Authors or Recent. But if sorted by Title, some books are not displayed in the cololections pages, even if appropriate space is allocated to them, i.e. the collection shows for instance 9 pages of books, but from half of page three all pages are blank.

The error is shown only for the Titles sort, and with both list and grid options. Something is completely wrong here.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #348
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
On 5.9.2, not even the Amazon store books sort by title correctly, and that is without any collections at all.

But I have been digging into the sqlite3 database files recently (to kill the 'stuck' kual image) and I can say that they have changed considerably since the days when LibrarianSync was written.

I expect KPVBooklet to have the same or similar problems.

= = = =

Tech note:
There has not been much change over time to the cc.db database tables.
But there are (now) stored procedures in cc.db that trigger on various conditions and alter other tables in other database files.
And as usual for something from Lab126, there is no signs of a rational design approach being taken, it is one of those "just grow'd like topsy" database systems.
(db design was once upon a time my day-job | and yes, I do hope Jeff Bezos is tracking my comments by rss)

Last edited by knc1; 02-12-2018 at 05:55 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #349
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Thank you for the info. It is strange however. It is not that the sorting algorithm is defective, but it appears that with sort = Titles, most book entries in the collection(s) are left empty.

As the books entries are displayed correctly with both other sort options, I assume that collection creation and books insert in collections work all right.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #350
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I think I was just trying to say: "Don't be surprised if you discover things that are out-of-date now".
or, "bit rot" has gotten hold of our add-ins.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #351
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And it's time for ye olde Pull Request .

Mostly of interest for people with newer devices and/or using WiFi.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #352
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hi NiLuJe,

on my jb-ed KOA2 with 5.9.5.2 the last former version is working well with the calibre plugin.

Is it sufficient when I replace the 3 files from Github in the respective extensions folder?
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #353
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@makue: Yeah, the librariansync folder in the repo basically *is* the librariansync folder in "extensions" .

And thanks for the confirmation that this is still usable FW 5.9.x .
Old 06-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #354
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
+1 to update working on KOA2 / 5.9.5.2

- Status printouts shifted to correct placement at the bottom of the screen (vs in the middle as in former version)
- No "something went very wrong" message encountered when updating while wi-fi is enabled
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #355
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: Fantastic, thanks for confirming that the WiFi fix did the trick .
Old 08-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #356
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
The posts above imply LibrarianSync will run from KUAL v2.7.11. For my KOA 5.8.5 I have to run LS using kterm (rebuild-calibre, update-calibre). Running from KUAL never completes but just leaves the "Updating collections (from Calibre)..." at the bottom. Python, and all MR extensions are up to date as of July 25th 2018. Running Kindle Collections Manager 1.7.19 and using @NiLuJe's latest LS pull request from Github. Am I missing something? Thoughts?
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #357
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@picree: That vaguely sounds like the KUAL extension directory tree is messed up.

You either have to do that manually, or run the packaging script (/tools/build-librariansync-bin.sh), the directory structure of the git repo is NOT suitable to be imported as-is.

EDIT: Scratch that, I was confused by a stray duplicate menu.json in my tree...

That said, given the simplistic nature of that specific KUAL extension, that's still my answer: something's wonky in your directory structure for that extension.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-02-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #358
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@picree: That vaguely sounds like the KUAL extension directory tree is messed up.

You either have to do that manually, or run the packaging script (/tools/build-librariansync-bin.sh), the directory structure of the git repo is NOT suitable to be imported as-is.

EDIT: Scratch that, I was confused by a stray duplicate menu.json in my tree...

That said, given the simplistic nature of that specific KUAL extension, that's still my answer: something's wonky in your directory structure for that extension.
Ok. For the record, I downloaded @NiLuJe LS repo from GH. and ran the build-librariansync-bin.sh using KindleTool. On the KOA, I removed the LS extension folder, uninstalled Python, restarted the KOA, reinstalled Python, and reinstalled the new LS.bin. The problem remains.

So, where is the directory structure stored and how can I remove/rebuild it? I looked. Is it the directory structure for KUAL or LS or something else? Confused

BTW, this may be why other extensions are wonky. i.e BatteryStatus no longer writes to the screen any report. And BackDoorLock no longer clears the screen.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #359
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@picree: Ah, that's an interesting tidbit. You may have a deeper issue on your hands.

The .bin ensures everything's in the right place (... unless something's *seriously* wrong with your device, but, err, you'd have had other issues if that were the case), so, that's out.

Which version of KUAL are you running, on which exact device, and on which exact FW, and how old is your JailBreak?
Old 08-04-2018, 07:06 PM   #360
picree
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@picree: Ah, that's an interesting tidbit. You may have a deeper issue on your hands.

The .bin ensures everything's in the right place (... unless something's *seriously* wrong with your device, but, err, you'd have had other issues if that were the case), so, that's out.

Which version of KUAL are you running, on which exact device, and on which exact FW, and how old is your JailBreak?
KUAL v2.7.11-g456d03a-20180601
KOA G0B0 GC09 fw 5.8.5 United States WiFi No Adverts
Jailbroken in August 2016

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync