Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #1756
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekha View Post
Hi I am having this problem of kual disappear after reading book and get back to home and it only comes back after restart my kindle
I am using pw3
What firmware version?
Which KUAL build, the document or the booklet?

Note:
The 'Booklet' is the one you install from an update_*.bin format named package, the 'Document' is the one you just copied to /documents.

Also check your display filter, you may not have it set to display active documents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #1757
thekha
thekha began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What firmware version?
Which KUAL build, the document or the booklet?

Note:
The 'Booklet' is the one you install from an update_*.bin format named package, the 'Document' is the one you just copied to /documents.

Also check your display filter, you may not have it set to display active documents.
sorry for late reply
i am on fw 5.7.0.1, KUAL 2.7 and using the document method
i cant find the active document anywhere thou
thekha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #1758
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekha View Post
sorry for late reply
i am on fw 5.7.0.1, KUAL 2.7 and using the document method
i cant find the active document anywhere thou
That is a very old firmware version, check what is shown in the "Device Info" panel to see if the device recently updated.

Can you see KUAL in the /documents folder of the Kindle when you connect to the PC?

What PC?
What PC OS?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #1759
thekha
thekha began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 2015
Quote:
That is a very old firmware version, check what is shown in the "Device Info" panel to see if the device recently updated.

Can you see KUAL in the /documents folder of the Kindle when you connect to the PC?

What PC?
What PC OS?
there wasnt KUAL in the /documents folder when i connected to my laptop running windows 7 sp1
but i think i fixed this with letting my kindle update to 5.8.7.0.1 and install the update_*.bin
so far KUAL have not disappeared
thekha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #1760
pauliunas
pauliunas began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Re what's new in 2.1, I think I committed "menu collation" between 2.0 and 2.1, so that counts as a new feature, too. Menu collation, unless disabled in KUAL.cfg, groups separate json menus that share the same top menu name under - you guessed it - that top menu name. In adding this feature I thought we could define a common top menu structure, i.e., System, Network, Games, etc. and button developers could graft their buttons under the most pertinent entry, for instance, the firewall button under Network, etc. Sort of like the linux system menu categories. That's just and idea. I used menu collation to add extra KUAL features under the KUAL menu entry, things like setting sorting modes, replacing the store button on KT, and more.

The button package is attached to this post. Unzip it in /mnt/us on your kindle. You only need the KUAL-add-ons folder. See also this other post.
For some reason, the "sort menu ABC" option doesn't work. I tried purging menu cache, refreshing it, pressing "sort menu 123" as well as "sort menu ABC" - it still keeps sorting it in a very weird way:
Sort menu 123 - save and reset KUAL log - quit - sort menu ABC! - do not collate menus - purge menu cache - refresh menu - replace store button.
Other menus are also sorted in somewhat random fashion.

Oh, and the "replace store button" option doesn't seem to do anything at all...

(using KT3)
pauliunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #1761
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliunas View Post
For some reason, the "sort menu ABC" option doesn't work. I tried purging menu cache, refreshing it, pressing "sort menu 123" as well as "sort menu ABC" - it still keeps sorting it in a very weird way:
Sort menu 123 - save and reset KUAL log - quit - sort menu ABC! - do not collate menus - purge menu cache - refresh menu - replace store button.
Other menus are also sorted in somewhat random fashion.

Oh, and the "replace store button" option doesn't seem to do anything at all...

(using KT3)
Which firmware version (use the Device Info panel to find out)?
Which version of KUAL, the document or the booklet?
Did you get the KUAL package from NiLuJe's snapshot thread?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #1762
mathkor89
mathkor89 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch second
KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 vs KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 I'm using a paperwhite 2 (talking about the installation of kual, in reference to old devices)

after I download kual do I download kual plus then MR package installer ?

and finally where do I get the wallpaper "hack" ( I opted out of the ads) ?

Last edited by mathkor89; 03-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.
mathkor89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #1763
knc1
Going Viral

Paperwhite two?
Your info block says: Kindle Touch Second.

Please give us the first six characters of your serial number, any answer is model dependent.

Try reading the directions in Step #8 of the current jail break thread and the first post of the KUAL thread.

What do you mean by: "wallpaper hack"?
If you mean the add-in screensaver package, try reading the directions (including the troubleshooting spoiler'd section).
Old 03-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #1764
mathkor89

Quote:
Paperwhite two?
Your info block says: Kindle Touch Second.

Please give us the first six characters of your serial number, any answer is model dependent.

Try reading the directions in Step #8 of the current jail break thread and the first post of the KUAL thread.

What do you mean by: "wallpaper hack"?
If you mean the add-in screensaver package, try reading the directions (including the troubleshooting spoiler section).
Yeah, that's wrong. B0D4 2204;

I did read both ( shouldn't have asked about the installer) it's just that; I don't know what qualifies as an older device. and if I should also download KUAL+ (don't know what it does with it

in regards to the screensaver package; I don't know where to find them. found the KUAL extensions but nothing for just normal screensaver. (where I place them and they appear in random order)

I can look for the other one that would show you the cover of the book you are currently reading

also one more question; do I ever need to use the uninstall bin in the future?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:57 PM   #1765
knc1
Going Viral

A B094 is known here as a: PW2
Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Now, while logged-in and looking at the forum's first page of its index -
Just below the blue bar, find a drop down box: "All Prefixs" -
Set that to 'tools' -
Click 'Show Threads'.

There you will see NiLuJe's snapshot thread (where you can find the most recent build of the common add-ins.
In the second section - title includes 'PW2' -
You will need both Python and the ss hack packages -
Unarchive both -
Read directions of both -
Use MrPI to install (you can put both *.bin files in /mrpackages at same tine).

Installing a package also installs any KUAL menu entries.

Read directions in first post about using the uninstall packages, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195474
Old 03-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #1766
mathkor89

Quote:
A B094 is known here as a: PW2
Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Now, while logged-in and looking at the forum's first page of its index -
Just below the blue bar, find a drop down box: "All Prefixs" -
Set that to 'tools' -
Click 'Show Threads'.

There you will see NiLuJe's snapshot thread (where you can find the most recent build of the common add-ins.
In the second section - title includes 'PW2' -
You will need both Python and the ss hack packages -
Unarchive both -
Read directions of both -
Use MrPI to install (you can put both *.bin files in /mrpackages at same tine).

Installing a package also installs any KUAL menu entries.

Read directions in first post about using the uninstall packages, at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=195474
I'm sorry I only spent about half an hour looking for thing ( after I'm done with the assessment I'll look at it again; I"m posting now to ensure I"ll have something to look at after tomorrow. ( or a bit tomorrow) here are my new questions

when your talking about drop down box are you talking about search?

found the snapshot you were referring to ( and the screensaver hack)

my next question is; so do I need to download KUAL, and KUAL+? ( or just the ones you mentioned ?
goodnight
Old 03-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #1767
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathkor89 View Post
I'm sorry I only spent about half an hour looking for thing ( after I'm done with the assessment I'll look at it again; I"m posting now to ensure I"ll have something to look at after tomorrow. ( or a bit tomorrow) here are my new questions

when your talking about drop down box are you talking about search?

found the snapshot you were referring to ( and the screensaver hack)

my next question is; so do I need to download KUAL, and KUAL+? ( or just the ones you mentioned ?
goodnight
Those questions would not be required for someone who followed the jailbreak instructions.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

See the special case for the PW-2 devices?
It says to skip steps #5 and #6 -
It DOES NOT say to skip steps #7 and #8

Translation:
Do steps #7 and #8 - -
Then you will have a proper KUAL and MrPI installation made.

No, I do not mean the advanced search, I mean the prefix filter on this forum's index pages.
See attachment for a hint on where to look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drop-down.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	155846  
Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 AM   #1768
mathkor89

sorry

Quote:
Those questions would not be required for someone who followed the jailbreak instructions.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

See the special case for the PW-2 devices?
It says to skip steps #5 and #6 -
It DOES NOT say to skip steps #7 and #8

Translation:
Do steps #7 and #8 - -
Then you will have a proper KUAL and MrPI installation made.

No, I do not mean the advanced search, I mean the prefix filter on this forum's index pages.
See attachment for a hint on where to look.
I'm doing step 8, was confused because"All of the models covered in this thread must use one of the two following installation methods" I thought I had to do either a or b.
my question still stands though
do I use KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 vs KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 for a paperwhite ( don't know if my device counts as old enough for that or not ?
Old 03-30-2017, 05:24 AM   #1769
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathkor89 View Post
my question still stands though
do I use KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 vs KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 for a paperwhite ( don't know if my device counts as old enough for that or not ?
My answer still stands -
Try reading the directions packed in the KUAL archive and/or the directions in the first post of the KUAL thread.

Reading and following directions is the bare minimum skill required to use anything posted at this site.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #1770
Liknus
Liknus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
'An error occurred: Main class instantiation threw a RuntimeException. Please contact the developer' Does anyone know how to fix this. (KINDLE 4 NT)
The same happens to me..
I've resetted all to factory defaults, re-done the jailbreak, re-installed the MKK, and place KUAL in the /documents folder..
Nope..

I'm on:
Code:
Kindle 4 'Black' (2012) [SN:9023 ...]
Fw v.: 4.1.3
Jailbreak 1.8.N
MKK 20141129
KUAL V.2.7 (KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2 version)
The crash.log reports the following:
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[04/09/2016 07:35] KUAL (v. 2.7)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
	at ixtab.jailbreak.SuicidalKindlet.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<init>(KualKindlet.java:46)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.zdb(tpb:275)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.KU(tpb:439)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.o.call(psb:412)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(fw:491)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.IX(qr:959)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(qr:803)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:989)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Thread.java:1066)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.swing.JButton
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.createInstance(UIAdapter.java:35)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.ui.UIAdapter.<clinit>(UIAdapter.java:28)
	at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Class.java:1604)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.getUI(KualKindlet.java:269)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<init>(KualKindlet.java:152)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.kindlelauncher.KualKindlet.<init>(KualKindlet.java:46)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.zdb(tpb:275)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.kb.KU(tpb:439)
	at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.lifecycle.o.call(psb:412)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(fw:491)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.IX(qr:959)
	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(qr:803)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:989)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Thread.java:1066)
In the root folder of my K4 I've got the following folders:
  • developer
  • documents (where KUAL has been copied)
  • extensions (where helper, usbnet and gawk are)
  • system
  • usbnet
  • plus a DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR text file

In the kindle's 'main screen' (dashboard???) I've got the You are Jailbroken file. But nothing that can tell me the MKK installation process has been done correctly (aside from the screen: installation complete, or something like that, after the progress bar (the one that appears after one launches Update Your Kindle).

Am I missing something?

Thanks to everybody and cheers!!
Liknus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified