Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
julius90
julius90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
How can I remove ASIN from a mobi book?

Since recent updates of calibre, read locations syncing is enabled for mobi format books. I think ASIN is added by calibre when converting. However, I found another problem that I can't share my notes of newly converted personal documents any more. So, is there a way to remove ASIN if I want to share notes? Thank you.
julius90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot. You should stick to the last version of calibre before that change was made.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot. You should stick to the last version of calibre before that change was made.
Or use mobi2mobi from the mobiperl tools collection to remove the ASIN from the metadata.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
julius90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Shame. I love calibre and I will always follow the latest version. Maybe I should keep my notes private.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
julius90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Or use mobi2mobi from the mobiperl tools collection to remove the ASIN from the metadata.
That's helpful, thanks bwaldron.
Advert