Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #136
plusz
Addict
plusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notes

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Nothing might have changed but when any file or folder is pressed there is no press animation indicating that it has been pressed.
The bug was there. It's already fixed. Also I included in 2.1.2 a fix for PgUp PgDn buttons as indicated by other contributor via pull request on the github.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:41 AM   #137
M_Faust
Enthusiast
M_Faust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max, PocketBook 912
Device: Onyx Boox Max
RelaunchX 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Have you ever used the generic setting/is it fine for you or you still would like to see the old fine-tune options?
It is fine, only I would like see change icon size option. But it only my wish.
Thank's again.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #138
plusz
Addict
plusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
It is fine, only I would like see change icon size option. But it only my wish.
Thank's again.
Interesting feedback.
1. What size of icon you used before?
2. Do you use icons in the view or the new txt boxes?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #139
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Device: Boyue Likebook Plus T80s
Android: 4.2.2
ReLaunchX: 2.1.2

Quote:
The bug was there. It's already fixed. Also I included in 2.1.2 a fix for PgUp PgDn buttons as indicated by other contributor via pull request on the github.
Thanks for the update and for updating the first post with the 2.1.2 APK. You even corrected a bug that I never reported, but I see in the the changelog at github. I've moved from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 and it may be my imagination, but navigating through the file system seems faster.

It would be nice if there was some sort of "press animation" when navigating files/folders indicating the file or folder has actually been pressed.

Again thanks for all you do to keep this launcher current.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:17 AM   #140
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the update and for updating the first post with the 2.1.2 APK.
This probably would become the primary distribution channel... I poke around F-Droid forum and I have found that last summer the original developer and maintainer of F-Droid left the project leaving no successors. Some people hooked up to the project but you know, it's a new team taking on legacy stuff.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #141
M_Faust
Enthusiast

Quote:
Interesting feedback.
1. What size of icon you used before?
2. Do you use icons in the view or the new txt boxes?
1. I don't remember size, but it is that icon size = first line font size + second line (smaller) font size.
2. I use the new txt boxes. It is unusualy see file extension before file name. But I already got accustomed. My wish about icon size related wish text boxes files. But i thought (if it possible) - disable text boxes file extension and write it as usual in end.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 AM   #142
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
2. I use the new txt boxes. It is unusualy see file extension before file name.
~~~...~~~
But i thought (if it possible) - disable text boxes file extension and write it as usual in end.
I have nothing against having options to allow users the ability to configure things the way they like. But if there is only room for one option I like the current look and feel with the file type printed in front of the file name in a button looking format. It makes navigating books by file name look sharp, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-11-11-12-53.png
Views:	156
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	162200  
Old 02-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #143
plusz
Addict

Quote:
1. I don't remember size, but it is that icon size = first line font size + second line (smaller) font size.
2. I use the new txt boxes. It is unusualy see file extension before file name. But I already got accustomed. My wish about icon size related wish text boxes files. But i thought (if it possible) - disable text boxes file extension and write it as usual in end.
Now I understand. So you would like to have a size customization for the pseudo icons, for example to make them look square shape.

Well, we may have yet 3rd view option, say
- associated app icon + file name
- pseudo icon + file name
- just full file name with extension

However for the 3rd one I have found it too packed on the screen especially in multi column view. An icon or pseudo icon makes the view more clear for me.

Maybe for the second view type it could be also optional to add the extension. Kind of redundant information just taking up space but if someone is used to read full file names...
Old 02-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #144
M_Faust
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've moved from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 and it may be my imagination, but navigating through the file system seems faster.
I see the same

Quote:
Maybe for the second view type it could be also optional to add the extension. Kind of redundant information just taking up space but if someone is used to read full file names...
It is not necessary, because

Quote:
It would be nice if there was some sort of "press animation" when navigating files/folders indicating the file or folder has actually been pressed.
I would like the same.

Quote:
I have nothing against having options to allow users the ability to configure things the way they like. But if there is only room for one option I like the current look and feel with the file type printed in front of the file name in a button looking format. It makes navigating books by file name look sharp, see attached.
I use filename in multilines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-13-00-34-50.png
Views:	174
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	162241  

Last edited by M_Faust; 02-12-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #145
joandr
joandr began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Reader HD Pro
Hello. Would it be possible to have the following option : to allow user the ability of removing an item from the list of recent (and not clear the whole list). Thank you.
joandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #146
Uguptu
Uguptu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST GL, Onyx Prometheus 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandr View Post
Hello. Would it be possible to have the following option : to allow user the ability of removing an item from the list of recent (and not clear the whole list). Thank you.
I too think that per item list editing would be very useful. Sometimes you just search something in a number of books and don't want that to polute the recent list.
Uguptu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #147
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: H2O, Oasis; N96ML
I am trying to use ReLaunchX on the Nook Simple Touch.
I can't install the latest versions(Ver 2.0.0, 1.3.2), even though its mentioned they are Android 2.1 compatible.
I get the error: INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK

I can install ver 1.3.1 through.
anyone else tried this, and facing this error?
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #148
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
I can't install the latest versions(Ver 2.0.0, 1.3.2), even though its mentioned they are Android 2.1 compatible.
I get the error: INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK
I have no experience with the Nook, but you might want to try version 2.1.2 which can be found attached to the first post of this thread.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #149
plusz
Addict

Quote:
I have no experience with the Nook, but you might want to try version 2.1.2 which can be found attached to the first post of this thread.
Confirm, check the changelog, 2.0 build was not working on Android < Gingerbread

Take the zip from attached to the first post on this thread as F-Droid does not do builds on time...

There was an explanation how to install on Nook a few weeks ago, check the thread upwards as it was not that simple as I would guess...
Old 02-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #150
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandr View Post
makes sense, as well as a couple of ideas about the file manager like, multiple selection, animation, not to mention that the PgUp PgDn does not work well combined with scroll gestures. In some long evening I may try to design a new control as the standard GridView from Android toolkit seems so limited for that purpose.