Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Search Issues

Recently I've found that Quick searches for author names gives a lot more results than I would expect. I don't remember getting so many wrong results in the past (version 2.xx).

Am I doing something wrong or does the problem lie with the Calibre updates ?
A search for Greg Bear results in what appears to be 7 totally unrelated books.

If I do an Advanced Search for Author, then I get the desired, accurate results.

Shouldn't Quick Search work better ?
I understand if an Anthology may have the author's name which does not show up in the main window because it may be lurking under the Tags.

This is not a huge deal, but it is puzzling.

Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre author search Issue.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	158334  
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Your search will look for the words Greg bear in any field including the comments as you have not applied any field restriction.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
what itimpi said plus
with out quotes, the search will return: greg or bear
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The "...." help and explains that the other results may contain just one of the search words .

Thanks
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
search